Viewing 10 posts - 651 through 660 (of 885 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I rode with the DMD2 partially set up on my 990R today. Just road riding to shoot some photos for the Hondo Garage Tablet Clamp I’m using.

DMD2 App Running on SamSung Tab A7-Lite, Mounted in Hondo Garage Perfect Squeeze Tablet Clamp

The app worked fine. I have. a dongle on order and I’ll us the adapter cable from my TuneECU cable. I added a couple more buttons to the Home Screen, one for my garage opener app and the other is the GoPro Control app. That one I’ve been struggling with so it may go away.

No Tablet, just the Mount

While I was using the map plug-in thingy a message popped up I needed to add that /purchase, but with no wifi that wasn’t going to happen. The map is very nice, though doesn’t show a four or more year old road I was on, but neither did the Tesla a year ago.

I’m still on the fence if I’ll get a Carpe Inter controller. I like them, just not sure how much it would get used. The tablet is plenty happy with my glove.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My OBDII LX dongle showed up today. It won’t connect to the motorcycle ECU via a Tune ECU cable. I suspect the protocol, but I’ve no idea.

I tired a bunch of them and so far no dice.

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-lx/

Any Ideas?

mp_
    Participant

Can you disable this full keyboard layout in landscape mode when tap to type on a input field? This is not happening in any other app and there is no option in the phone to disable it. Found this, it’s a little bit old, but it might give you an idea? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31848929/how-to-disable-custom-keyboard-fullscreen this is definitely happening on xiaomi redmi 10s

This is done for next update… very nice indeed (it was a problem only on phones) it is now fixed!

Awesome, thank you.

mp_
    Participant

Can you disable this full keyboard layout in landscape mode when tap to type on a input field? This is not happening in any other app and there is no option in the phone to disable it. Found this, it’s a little bit old, but it might give you an idea? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31848929/how-to-disable-custom-keyboard-fullscreen this is definitely happening on xiaomi redmi 10s

This is done for next update… very nice indeed (it was a problem only on phones) it is now fixed!

Awesome, thanks.

Santa2512
    Participant

DMD2 beta installed to Galaxy Tab 2 (active) App loads and runs – App – moved to external SD card and runs Maps will not load to external SD card, and option to store externally is in the menu, but does not work. Forcing via dev option does not work either Net result is Tablet runs out of space to run programs

Same here seems it depends on regulation by Samsung. That’s the Reason why i have to skip the Beta 🙁 Now i have to wait for a solution or go with the Active Tap 3 or with the T865 but 550 at much more than a used 2 ( which runs with the older DMD2) or a used Active 3

Odd i can install the D2D app, and run the app from the External SD card

I can instally Spotify & all downloaded music 6+ Gb  to the SD card and run it from there,

I can install copilot & maps on the SD card and run from there

Which suggests its not the tablet / OS  that is the problem, more the app?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 beta installed to Galaxy Tab 2 (active) App loads and runs – App – moved to external SD card and runs Maps will not load to external SD card, and option to store externally is in the menu, but does not work. Forcing via dev option does not work either Net result is Tablet runs out of space to run programs

Same here seems it depends on regulation by Samsung. That’s the Reason why i have to skip the Beta 🙁 Now i have to wait for a solution or go with the Active Tap 3 or with the T865 but 550 at much more than a used 2 ( which runs with the older DMD2) or a used Active 3

Odd i can install the D2D app, and run the app from the External SD card I can instally Spotify & all downloaded music 6+ Gb to the SD card and run it from there, I can install copilot & maps on the SD card and run from there Which suggests its not the tablet / OS that is the problem, more the app?

Well you can but any app built with latest Android API target wont be able to do that anymore… guess what, app developers have until the end of the current month to change the target API to the more recent one, if they dont the app will be removed from Playstore.
    When a app targets latest API the app will no longer be able to use the External SD card with the old permissions and old File API… so its bye bye…

Beta 2.99947:
    – Thread queue/scheduler finally finished (used on both GPX and Router related functions)
    – Greatly improved stability on everything related to GPX and Route Calculation
    – Fixed a bug where after changing the map scale the next time you open DMD there was white strips on the map
    – You can now do Trip Reset in the Map Trip Widgets by doing long press on them
    – Download Manager now will correctly check for the available space in the storage before downloading
    – DMD-T865 / DMD-T665 / Non PlayStore devices, the app will now check periodically for updates (instead of only on app start)
    – Dates format now take in consideration those dudes across the ocean
    – Clock widget indicator now respects 24h on/off option
    – Route Calculator Off-Road profiles will now try to avoid Footways / Pedestrian / Bridleways

Beta 2.99946:
    – Router stability improvements
    – GPX Real-time info stability improvements
    – Fixed router voice instructions double unit
    – Fixed a case where using Router UI Settings while no route was loaded caused a crash

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Severian
    Participant

You can now do Trip Reset in the Map Trip Widgets by doing long press on them

Would be useful to add this for the Fuel widget, too (when fuel is calculated in kms).

João Pereira
    Keymaster

You can now do Trip Reset in the Map Trip Widgets by doing long press on them

Would be useful to add this for the Fuel widget, too (when fuel is calculated in kms).

Totally right, will add it today.
    Thank you

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta 2.99948:
    – More options in POI Highlights selection: Fuel / Hospital / Peaks / Parking are also now configurable
    – Fixed a bug where the GPX Progress would stop (thinking you were not on track)
    – Fuel Level widget – Now includes long press to trigger Fuel Reset / Edit

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta 2.99949:
    – Global Settings: new setting for battery indicator, you can now have: Percentage / Current Now / Temperature
    – Map View Settings: New Navigation Setting: Recalculation Setting (set away from route distance to trigger recalculation or disable recalculation)
    – Map View Settings: New Auto Lock and Auto Unlock on Moving/Stopped
    – Location Follow: Now always resumes following if you start moving, zoom is also resumed to last state (def. zoom value set by zoom buttons or controller)
    – Map Theme Road now with increased road contour lines (High Contrast option coming later)

Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 10 posts - 651 through 660 (of 885 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.