Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hi,

I just took a licence to DMD2 because I really like the setup,
    you can see it´s made by & for motorriders. Thanks for that!
    There is one issue, i have a tablet (crosscall T4) with 32Gb internal storage + an SD with 128Gb.
    The app automaticly loads the maps in the internal storage wich is to small.
    I do not see a way to change the storage location in the app. I have tried to move the maps with the Android system,
    that seems possible but only with smaller maps and seems to create problems, so that´s not a solution.
    I have also looked at the forum but I don´t find a solution.
    Is there no way to change the storage location in the app?
    Can you help me with this, because it strogly limits the possibility´s?
    Thank you
    Frank

flyinhawaiian968
    Participant

Reviving this thread, I too am having problems getting DMD2 to save maps to the sdcard instead of internal memory. Just purchased a DMD-T665 and would like to know if there’s either a command somewhere to store maps to sdcard or a menu for making this happen.

I notice that on my sdcard, there is a directory created by DMD2 for maps, but there’s no maps that I’ve downloaded in that directory:

I know the directory is working properly, as I’ve created a GPX directory and the DMD2 is able to open my gpx files from there, but the maps directory is empty and files are stored somewhere on the phone’s internal drive. Would it be possible to allow sdcard storage functions for DMD2?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Reviving this thread, I too am having problems getting DMD2 to save maps to the sdcard instead of internal memory. Just purchased a DMD-T665 and would like to know if there’s either a command somewhere to store maps to sdcard or a menu for making this happen.

I notice that on my sdcard, there is a directory created by DMD2 for maps, but there’s no maps that I’ve downloaded in that directory:

I know the directory is working properly, as I’ve created a GPX directory and the DMD2 is able to open my gpx files from there, but the maps directory is empty and files are stored somewhere on the phone’s internal drive. Would it be possible to allow sdcard storage functions for DMD2?

How did you format the SD Card?
    Did you format the SD Card as Extended Internal Memory? -> VERY dangerous setting as it can easily mess up your system. But if you insist on using this method you need to start DMD2 – Go to Global Settings (Cog Wheel in bottom menu) – Disable the “Use SD Card for Storage” setting -> restart DMD2
    Did you format the SD Card as Removable Storage? -> If so you need to -> Go to Global Settings (Cog Wheel in bottom menu) – Enable the “Use SD Card for Storage” setting

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

flyinhawaiian968
    Participant

Wow! How in the world did I miss that setting!?!?!?!?! Files copied right over just fine! I swear, that setting wasn’t there the last time I looked! And, sdcard is not extended internal memory, formatted and set as external sdcard.

Thanks João! Wiring up the docking port this weekend and taking it for a quick ride to see how it does!

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.