Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elleven
    Participant

Hi,

just a quick question. In the normal map mode without all the offroad details I’m strugling a bit with the map appearance. Contrast can become quite bad in case the auto-zoom zooms out in normal travel speed. Streets are not well shown and may cannot be recocnized.

Is there any possibility or hack available, where I cann tweak line thicknesses, street colors or the color of the surrounding areas? Maybe any configuration file, which can be adopted using a text editor or whatever.

Using the off-road map view instead gives a much better contrast, but there a lots of colored dotted lines for offroad-streets, which are normally not allowed to use in Germany. As there are lots of such streets, that view is quite confusing. So it improves the visibilty of streets, but brings another bigger disadvantage to me. Years ago I had a Navigon and there was a global configuration file, which was accessable via PC / USB. There you could adopt nearly everything including speed dependancies of the different zoom levels. Something like that would really be wonderful.

Cheers,
    Armin

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Elleven.
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

The available settings are accessible in “Map Layers” where you can setup Scale & Visibility which allows you to adjust the sizes (scale in relation to zoom) that will allow you to get a better line width for the different roads.

To what concerns the looks of the map you can select between the road and off-road styles – this is available in “Map Type & Style” and when you enable the off-road map then you can adjust it more in “Topo Advanced Options” where you will find the “High Contrast Mode”

That is most of it…

More option would need to be implemented.
    Even if you manually adjust the theme file (edit it in the PC) every-time you start the app it gets overwritten.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Elleven
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your reply. As written initially, the topo-view has other disadvantages to me. Nevertheless, the theme files are already what I was looking for. But I’m confused, why these file exists, when they get overwritten during any start of the app. So it has no effect – as you have already written. It would be wonderful, if these files could have any impact to the map appearance without overwhrite them every time. Would be a great advantage to me an others, I guess.

Cheers,
    Armin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.