Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 872 total)
  • Author
    mp_
    Participant

Excellent job, very nice GUI. Even this release is for tablet only, I thought I give it a try on a xiaomi redmi note 10s. So far what I have seen is the same issue as I had on the “old” stable version, sometimes some of the bottom icons are not visible (roadbook, obd, settings).

Some help on the obd section, even I have a subriscrion, not sure if this work on beta version and can’t see somewhere that I’m subscribed, but when I’m there a message “obd2 demo mode..  buy the plugin” is showing, something is wrong with the subscription or I just should click on it and agree to the terms?

marius.mihasan
    Participant

Not sure you noticed but the OBDView only works for 15 minutes per session without the plugin purchase.

A) Are you sure there is no other app taking control of the OBD connection

B) Have you tried changing all sensors to see if there is a particular sensor crashing the connection? For example make all sensors show coolant temperature. To change a sensor press and hold on top of it until a dialog pops-up.

I bought the plugin yesterday and it does not display the message about that (as it does for the maps view which I did not buy yet)

A – I am sure. On one phone and the head unit there are no OBD apps installed. It is the same setup that used to work on the non-beta, stable version.

B. Will try today and let you know. I have also attempted to delete everything from the Reader configs commands, but again apparently it did not make any change.

mp_
    Participant

Excellent job, very nice GUI. Even this release is for tablet only, I thought I give it a try on a xiaomi redmi note 10s. So far what I have seen is the same issue as I had on the “old” stable version, sometimes some of the bottom icons are not visible (roadbook, obd, settings). Some help on the obd section, even I have a subriscrion, not sure if this work on beta version and can’t see somewhere that I’m subscribed, but when I’m there a message “obd2 demo mode.. buy the plugin” is showing, something is wrong with the subscription or I just should click on it and agree to the terms?

I mean this is an extra paid plugin?

irrelevant with dmd but can we have an option to edit our post in case of mistake instead of quote our msg?

John DEV
    Keymaster

Excellent job, very nice GUI. Even this release is for tablet only, I thought I give it a try on a xiaomi redmi note 10s. So far what I have seen is the same issue as I had on the “old” stable version, sometimes some of the bottom icons are not visible (roadbook, obd, settings). Some help on the obd section, even I have a subriscrion, not sure if this work on beta version and can’t see somewhere that I’m subscribed, but when I’m there a message “obd2 demo mode.. buy the plugin” is showing, something is wrong with the subscription or I just should click on it and agree to the terms?

I mean this is an extra paid plugin?

irrelevant with dmd but can we have an option to edit our post in case of mistake instead of quote our msg?

You should be able to edit posts now.

Yes the OBD2 view as always been intended to be a purchasable plugin from the start, it never was due to being very early development, which it seems still needs more work anyway.

We never intended to have an app where users will use EVERYTHING, we want the user to buy only what he wants to use.
    Unless we can keep thinking of new features and new plugins it’s going to be really hard to make the app profitable at all.
    Also, if you do not use something you can just edit the bottom menu and remove the view entry.
    There are tons of other plugins we can develop, we even want to make a “empty” template to allow third party developers to develop and sell their own plugins.
    Our objective is to make the dashboard a kind of eco-system, where users will be able to buy or subscribe a series of different plugins to make the dashboard exactly what they wants or needs.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Installed dmd2 Beta in my Phone. in the normal licence I have all Features because I use also a Carpe Iter. After Installation of the Beta i was Not allowed to use Maps road book and opd2 any more.So I decided to leave beta.but anyways I cant Install the legacy Version any more.I allways get the Beta.Please help

Paraendurist
    Participant

I forgot to say that I therefore left the Beta test.but Google seema Not to Register that.It nots me aß left Beta but installs Beta anyways

mp_
    Participant

You should be able to edit posts now. Yes the OBD2 view as always been intended to be a purchasable plugin from the start, it never was due to being very early development, which it seems still needs more work anyway. We never intended to have an app where users will use EVERYTHING, we want the user to buy only what he wants to use. Unless we can keep thinking of new features and new plugins it’s going to be really hard to make the app profitable at all. Also, if you do not use something you can just edit the bottom menu and remove the view entry. There are tons of other plugins we can develop, we even want to make a “empty” template to allow third party developers to develop and sell their own plugins. Our objective is to make the dashboard a kind of eco-system, where users will be able to buy or subscribe a series of different plugins to make the dashboard exactly what they wants or needs.

I see, fair enough, will be useful to have a pricelist on the dmd website. What about the icon issue, I remember that you own now a xiaomi phone? 😀

edit works now, thanks.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by mp_.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by mp_.
    John DEV
    Keymaster

Installed dmd2 Beta in my Phone. in the normal licence I have all Features because I use also a Carpe Iter. After Installation of the Beta i was Not allowed to use Maps road book and opd2 any more.So I decided to leave beta.but anyways I cant Install the legacy Version any more.I allways get the Beta.Please help

I forgot to say that I therefore left the Beta test.but Google seema Not to Register that.It nots me aß left Beta but installs Beta anyways

That is not how it works. The CARPE Tabs are licensed for DMD2, not your google account. So yes, in any CARPE Tab you will have DMD2 fully unlocked but it is not tied to your user account, its unlocked ONLY on the CARPE Tab.
    In your phone to leave the Beta first go to play store, search for DMD2, click on it, scroll down and click on “Leave Beta”. Now uninstall DMD2 and install it again.

I see, fair enough, will be useful to have a pricelist on the dmd website. What about the icon issue, I remember that you own now a xiaomi phone? 😀 edit works now, thanks.

As I write this message im creating this super, mega, never seen before, pages that will have all the information about DMD2, we are talking about MAXIMUM detail including videos for everything!!!

Paraendurist
    Participant

I forgot to say that I therefore left the Beta test.but Google seems Not to Register that.It notes me as having  left Beta but installs Beta anyways

John DEV
    Keymaster

I see, fair enough, will be useful to have a pricelist on the dmd website. What about the icon issue, I remember that you own now a xiaomi phone? 😀 edit works now, thanks.

I do, I will check it out but I did not see that bug at all.

I forgot to say that I therefore left the Beta test.but Google seems Not to Register that.It notes me as having left Beta but installs Beta anyways

Maybe try again a bit later, it should definitely allow you to install non’ beta.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 872 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.