Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 845 total)
  • Author
    rak
    Participant

Hi guys, I am new to all this. Owning a Garmin Treat XL and want to get DMD2 on that thing. I was able to install the APK, however I am unclear how to contribute financial wise to the project and purchase the maps plugin or the roadbook plugin. Of course there is no registration to the google playstore on the Treat and thus I can not register. Is this something which will be added later?

Can I use a Android tablet now to play aroound with it also with the paid features and transfer this license later to the APK on the treat?

Great stuff you did. Thank you.

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hi guys, I am new to all this. Owning a Garmin Treat XL and want to get DMD2 on that thing. I was able to install the APK, however I am unclear how to contribute financial wise to the project and purchase the maps plugin or the roadbook plugin. Of course there is no registration to the google playstore on the Treat and thus I can not register. Is this something which will be added later? Can I use a Android tablet now to play aroound with it also with the paid features and transfer this license later to the APK on the treat? Great stuff you did. Thank you.

Actually not true! Read the first post. You can manually install the APK for the Beta: http://drivemodedashboard.com/DMD2BetaLatest.apk

The latest version allows you to buy licenses from Thork Racing website, just click on “Buy Plugin”. Let me know if you have any doubt!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Yesterday we announced the 2.80 version and made the APK link available for download to install on devices without Google Play Store.
    Unfortunately it just came to our attention that the .apk file was never updated and the version available was 2.77
    We have corrected that and its now the 2.80 apk (as of 2022 / 02 / 02 ).

Razom
    Participant

Hi
    The new version looks really good!

I noticed an error while loading maps.
    When I select Italy or Greece from the quick selection it loads the Balkans and Austria map. From the download menu it goes without problems.

App. v. 2.80

Samsung Tab Active3

Android 13

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hi The new version looks really good! I noticed an error while loading maps. When I select Italy or Greece from the quick selection it loads the Balkans and Austria map. From the download menu it goes without problems.App. v. 2.80 Samsung Tab Active3 Android 13

EDIT: This is still not working correctly… I will fix this tomorrow…

Version 2.81 (02/02/2023)
    – Added support for all CARPE Controller (support will be improved for older controller) – Requires updated Carpe Controller app (released today too)
    – Fixed a bug in Roadbook stats window where the current open filename would not always display
    – Fixed a bug in Map Layer Manager – Loading and Unloading maps from the list would load wrong maps

Also started working on the information pages:
    Getting Started: https://www.drivemodedashboard.com/getting-started/
    Permissions & Privacy: https://www.drivemodedashboard.com/permissions-information/

Razom
    Participant

thanks for the super fast update as soon as it’s updated on the playstore i will try it

Tomppa65
    Participant

Hello John,

I tried it yesterday again but still there is no movement of the degrees heading. It stands and it is not changing.

Regards

marius.mihasan
    Participant

Not sure you noticed but the OBDView only works for 15 minutes per session without the plugin purchase. If you restart the app the 15 minutes should be restarted. I just retested it on my car and it was working flawless. A) Are you sure there is no other app taking control of the OBD connection B) Have you tried changing all sensors to see if there is a particular sensor crashing the connection? For example make all sensors show coolant temperature. To change a sensor press and hold on top of it until a dialog pops-up.

Hi

I have purchased the OBDview plugin – does not display the corresponding message (as the Mapview displays because I did not yet purchase it).

A. Yes, I am sure. I do not have any ODB apps installed on my car’s headunit.

B. I have changed all sensors that are changeable (except the rpm and the rpm graph from the bottom) and replaced them with fuel level (which should not be obd connected). It made no difference. I have then replaced the fuel level on all sensors with every other possible entry (throttle position, maf, pressure, intake air temperature, etc).  Always the same value for rpm is displayed. As I select different entries, for each entry a specific value is always displayed (like 25 for coolant temperature, 16,7 for voltage)  and this value never changes (when restarting the headunit, plug-out and plug-in the dongle, DMD2 restart).

When the bluetooth icon in DMD2 lights up blue, I see the lights from the ODB dongle blinking green and signaling that is connected and sending data.

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Not sure you noticed but the OBDView only works for 15 minutes per session without the plugin purchase. If you restart the app the 15 minutes should be restarted. I just retested it on my car and it was working flawless. A) Are you sure there is no other app taking control of the OBD connection B) Have you tried changing all sensors to see if there is a particular sensor crashing the connection? For example make all sensors show coolant temperature. To change a sensor press and hold on top of it until a dialog pops-up.

Hi I have purchased the OBDview plugin – does not display the corresponding message (as the Mapview displays because I did not yet purchase it). A. Yes, I am sure. I do not have any ODB apps installed on my car’s headunit. B. I have changed all sensors that are changeable (except the rpm and the rpm graph from the bottom) and replaced them with fuel level (which should not be obd connected). It made no difference. I have then replaced the fuel level on all sensors with every other possible entry (throttle position, maf, pressure, intake air temperature, etc). Always the same value for rpm is displayed. As I select different entries, for each entry a specific value is always displayed (like 25 for coolant temperature, 16,7 for voltage) and this value never changes (when restarting the headunit, plug-out and plug-in the dongle, DMD2 restart). When the bluetooth icon in DMD2 lights up blue, I see the lights from the ODB dongle blinking green and signaling that is connected and sending data.

Can you tell me the exact dongle model and where I can buy one? Everyone seems to be reporting the OBDLINK is working perfectly, but I would really like to make sure other dongles work just as fine. I will get one and find out whats causing this really fast.

linssen
    Participant

Controller: 2.76
    Manager: 5.1
    DMD2: 2.81

Noticed a few issues this morning

1. When I’m on the home screen, the controller seems to act unpredictably. Used to be that left and right would switch pages, now it seems to either switch the left custom panel, or control the map if that’s open.
    2. Speed was registering at about 50% more than I was actually doing. I’m set to imperial, and doing 60mph DMD2 registered 90 mph. It displays mph as the unit.
    3. The trip meter doesn’t seem to advance. The time increases, but it doesn’t register any distance. I’ve tried resetting. This also affects the road book which doesn’t move the meters therein either.
    4. If the custom home tile is set to the map, it becomes really difficult to swipe with a finger to the next tile: the map is panned instead. I’d suggest just locking it for gestures, but tapping it takes you to the map?
    5. Album art not appearing on the media custom tile.
    6. Is it possible to use the name of the app for the external widget instead of ‘External Widget’? I’m using Windy, and it would be nice to use either ‘Windy’ (app name) or ‘Windy Radar Widget’ (widget name).
    7. Tapping ‘Advanced’ for a track in the track manager doesn’t do anything
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by linssen.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 845 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.