Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    SC-Surfer
    Participant

DMD2 2.99931 Samsung Tab Active 3 No GPS fix I use DMD2 in daily riding and a couple of times per week DMD2 does not get GPS fix. This has happened with previous versions as well. Use case: Start the DMD2 application and even if I drive 10 km, DMD2 shows “No Fix” and the speed shows zero. ODB2 reading and ADV controller work. If I close DMD2 and restart DMD2 application => no GPS with DMD2 If I close DMD2 and open Google Maps => GPS fix ok immediately with Google Maps. When I close Google Maps and open DMD2 => GPS fix ok immediately with DMD2 also. So, sometimes GPS fix must be applied by opening Google Maps first.

I am experiencing this issue as well.

Herbert H
    Participant

Herbert H
    Participant

Warte schon seit drei Stunden.

Herbert H
    Participant

Ist es ein Software Fehler, oder muss ich das T 865 zur Reparatur senden?

Herbert H
    Participant

Das Programm DMD2 ist beim Neuen Aufsetzen schon automatisch am Tablet. Dadurch kann ich es ohne nicht testen. Mein interner Speicher ist zu 75 % voll. Möchte aber noch Italien, Frankreich und Spanien speichern.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for the great work. In one of your replys concerning testing DMD2 on Carpe Iter Tabs you said :”This was not supposed to be used on CARPE tabs because for those we will release it through Carpe Manager App Shelf. Either way, on today update it will enable your plugins (we added device detection code), so it will work after you update from Play Store.” But if I go ahead and delete the app will I be able to download it again from the play store without having to pay for it (since it was preinstalled)? All the best, can’t wait for 3.0! Cheers from Switzerland, your software drove me safely to the North Cape and Back last year.

Yes all your purchases are kept on all your devices.

Might it be possible to add a Distance/Trip 2 with separate reset for those of us on Enduro/Dirt bikes without a fuel gauge? App is great!!

I cant add a trip 2 at the moment as it requires massive work. But the idea for an Indicator that is a reset button is great, will add it on next update! Thank you.

What dongle are you using? Please use only OBDLink LX / VLinker MC+, pretty much everything else we tested is garbage and using stupid bad ELM chip clones.

Just to report: works with OBDLINK LX. Funny that the other obd2 dongle works with production version just fine, not with Beta though (with described symptoms). Change of protocol probably. Anyway, works with OBDLINK LX

The code in the new BETA is almost all new and way more high performance.
    We will probably make our own OBD Dongle with VLinker so that we can make something a bit more “special”. Im also waiting on a top notch ECU emulator which will allow me to develop OBD stuff on the desk without having to use a car or motorcycle to test.
    Some cool things coming for the OBD features.

Ich habe das DMD T865. Der interne Speicher beträgt nur 32GB. Die SD Karte wird zwar unter Speicher erkannt, habe habe mit den Apps keinen Zugriff auf die SD Karte. Die Systeme Daten betragen 9,3 GB . Habe noch OsmAnd geladen. Mehrere Länder, und der Speicher ist voll. Nun kann ich im App den Speicher nicht auswählen. Bei allen meinen anderen Handys ist es möglich. Darauf habe ich das T865 neu aufgesetzt. Beim einspielen von Android verlangt das Tablet nun können sie die SD Karte einstecken. Sie wird nicht erkannt. Den Punkt übersprungen. Dann ist in der Anfrage Speicher die SD Karte vorhanden. Aber in der Apps kann ich den Speicher nicht auswählen!! Wo liegt der Fehler!! Würde das T865 wegen dem internen Speicher 32GB nicht mehr Kaufen!!!!

English please…
    The access to the SD Card for apps is extremely complex and most developers are not using it. Google made these changes starting from Android 11 I think. This is not related to the tab but with Google permissions.
    If 32Gb is not enough for all your other apps and you want to return the device we will accept it. Just write us an email.
    As it stands you can only use the SD Card for DMD2, not by limitation in the hardware but because the new method to access SD Card in the system is so complex almost no app will waste time with it.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 2.99931 Samsung Tab Active 3 No GPS fix I use DMD2 in daily riding and a couple of times per week DMD2 does not get GPS fix. This has happened with previous versions as well. Use case: Start the DMD2 application and even if I drive 10 km, DMD2 shows “No Fix” and the speed shows zero. ODB2 reading and ADV controller work. If I close DMD2 and restart DMD2 application => no GPS with DMD2 If I close DMD2 and open Google Maps => GPS fix ok immediately with Google Maps. When I close Google Maps and open DMD2 => GPS fix ok immediately with DMD2 also. So, sometimes GPS fix must be applied by opening Google Maps first.

This has been reported by some users.
    We are investigating this.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Das Programm DMD2 ist beim Neuen Aufsetzen schon automatisch am Tablet. Dadurch kann ich es ohne nicht testen. Mein interner Speicher ist zu 75 % voll. Möchte aber noch Italien, Frankreich und Spanien speichern.

Make sure the SD Card is inserted.
    In DMD2 go to Global Settings and make sure you have enabled “Set Storage to Removable SD Card”.
    DMD2 will download all maps to the SD Card.

Please dont write so many posts with the same issue and please write in English.

As I said, you can return the device if you want.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by João Pereira.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta 2.99932:
    – Fixed a case where you could not dismiss notification with the controller
    – When doing changes to Auto Load POI settings the GPX Manager dialog will show a “Reloading Files” message
    – Changed the on-screen keyboard for phone size devices to half screen size
    – Removed seconds from all clocks (only left seconds in the roadbook)
    – Lots of improvements on the map thread manager
    – Fixed a bug in the POI search by name where in some cases it would not return results
    – Fixed a bug in the minimize / maximize dialogs logic (example: GPX Manager – Tracks would show tracks list but not the box on the right with the buttons)
    – Many other improvements (mostly related to multi-threading management)

João Pereira
    Keymaster

You are right. I just tested it on another mobile phone (Samsung S10plus) with an SD card. It doesn’t work on mine either. Maybe it is a future function. Greetings Jörg

SD Card only works on DMD-T665 and DMD-T865, because on these devices we do not need the Google permission.

Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.