Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Hi,
    finally, I conviced a friend to get rid of his Montana and go DMD2
    He’ll order a T865 but we wonder if the regular Amp adaptor will be enough or if we need the special longer arm (7cm if I recall correctly), because of the narrow windshield and the bigger odometer.
    (2014, R but big dash)

We are a bit in a hurry as the next trip is in 4 weeks, no time to first order the tablet and then what needed

Thanks for your pic if you have some

Eric
    Participant

Order done, we’ll see with the products in hands, I’m confident we’ll handle it, just hope about the time being enough before the ride.
    Braaap

ginr
    Participant

Hi,

Have you attmepted the install yet? I was wondering if there was anything special to look for?

Don’t understand the question related to the “regular Amp adaptor”.  From what I see, you can just fix a few connector plugs to the wiring, plug it in and you’re off.

Ordered one a few week ago already, but have not got around to installing it.

Used to have a Garmin XT2, which was straightforward. Will now try tomorrow morning to install the 865.

Wil fix it to the rade Garage tower, which has a 12mm bar.

I was wondering if there was anything special to look for?

Eric
    Participant

Tablet now received, installation planned on next weekend.

I installed in the past few roadbook reader, gps, ICO,… on different bikes. the usual issue is to get enough room to put it where you want in the position you want

Could be worse with a tablet and in this case I wonder if the windshield will be protective enough. pretty narrow windshiel for what I remember, will this  be a trouble source?
    My friend just called me, the T865 is not wider than the Touratech roadbook reader he has (maybe few mm, that’s it), so , looks like it will be easy.

Regular, I mean ordinary.
    Compare to the R/G Amp Adapter which can be shifted on one axle (you can used both orientation on the T865 holder). Better safe than sorry, we ordered this one to be prepared

ginr
    Participant

Aha, now I understand what you mean by Amp adapter. I think R/G call it”Garmin adapter”.

Anyway, I have the same. Fits perfectly on the R/G tower with the Garmin XT2, and assume it fits well with the 865. Screws and holes are at least a good fit. I tried that immediately.

Eric
    Participant

Garmin, as many others, uses the AMP pattern.

edit: The good thing with T895 holder (for what I see on pictures) is AMP pattern (wich is a rectangle) can be use in both orientation.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 16 hours ago by Eric.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.