Viewing 10 posts - 561 through 570 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    Tim De Cubber
    Participant

Is there an easy/quick way to reset the partial distance in the roadbook session? (single tapping the screen)
    I only have button control on one of my bikes, and don’t have buttons yet on the other bike.

Driving a roadbook without button-controls makes it difficult te reset the partial distance. Now I have to tap the counter, and then tap reset.  It would be easier if you tap the counter to reset is and use the longpress to adjust (instead what currently is choosing which counter to display)
    You could than easily add that choice for which items/counters to display in the settings of the roadbook session. Since this is not an option I think you need to change during driving.

It also would be handy if the “scroll paper down one click on partial reset” would also work when resetting the partial on screen, and not only when using the buttons.

Husqvarna 701
    Carpe Iter V4
    Terrain Command 2

João Pereira
    Keymaster

1. Most annoying: I use dark theme (in order to preserve battery), so from time to time app is switching back to the default light theme. After loading tracks, zooming out etc. It is not frequent, but it happened more than once (let’s say, about 5-10x in 10 days). Maybe, some kind of option(s) reset to default(s) bug?

Sounds like you enabled sensor based theme, go to Global settings and set a theme manually like “Always Dark” otherwise it will change the theme according to the light sensor, which on some devices does not work that well.

2. On some tracks (for instance: Montenegro TET from TET app) from time to time touching points on the track does not result in bringing up the “Point position distances” window. After deleting the track and loading it again, it works as it should.

Checking this today.

3. In the “Point position distances” window, after clicking on “Track details” and than clicking on “Back” you are redirected to GPX dialogue, not back to Position distances (so, Back button should be context sensitive, not a “hard” link 🙂 Features that can be better:

Will fix this today.

1. Using routing icons on the route (for turns indications) directly on the map is counterproductive. It clogs up the map view to the point that it is almost unusable (6.7″ screen, it is maybe better on 8″+ tablets). Maybe to consider dropping turn icons altogether on the route as an option? Turn directions in route progress box is quite enough (at least in my opinion). Or, maybe showing only next 3 turns on the route (or something like that)? Showing every turn, including previous ones clogs map in urban scenarios very fast.

Agree its not that good on phone size devices, will work on this today

2. Dropping hospital symbols from the map will also be an improvement. I understand why they are there, but in my opinion it is also counterproductive, since it clogs map view in urban locations. 3. Saving waypoints on the track is massively needed 🙂

Will fix this today

4. Routing between two selected points (instead only from current location and one selected point) also!

Multi point nav calculation is coming soon, with it you will be able to route between as much and for any points you want.

5. Saving Routes as GPX to local storage is needed for offline alternatives planning. Would be helpful.

Not sure I understand this.

6. Is it possible to avoid Google Files as file manager? I think not for third parties app (Android feature), but in case you know some workaround, it would be perfect! Google Files has MANY problems, some of them VERY annoying (reset is needed) Conclusion: all listed above are small problems, really. DMD2 is already VERY good tool. And by good, I mean that dmd2 threatens to become the best tool in android ecosystem for enduro rider out there. With small improvements it can become good tool for enduro trip planning in offline and terrain conditions, which is huge for many of us! Keep up the good work and we’ll keep up to promote and support!

Not related to DMD2, you can use any file manager in Android and set it as default file manager, probably better to search for a YouTube video on how to change default file manager.

Thank you for all your suggestions!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

1. Most annoying: I use dark theme (in order to preserve battery), so from time to time app is switching back to the default light theme.

Your WP23 has a LCD screen with backlight, dark theme won’t save any battery power, it is useful on devices with an Amoled screen.

Yup only AMOLED screen would benefit, and even an AMOLED would require a true black theme which is not the case for our dark theme.
    Although some non AMOLED screens do some sort of local LED adjustment based on the color which could result in power saving I would say its a rare thing on a phone.

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Bug in Version 2.99935 DMD2 is crashing of it‘s running in offline Mode on a carpe iter 4b if Internet Connection is running dmd2 Works Dmd2 lic Key is installed

This was fixed on yesterday update. Just update it from Play Store.

Sorry about that.

Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta 2.99936:
    – New “Location Icon” options in the Map Layers manager
    – You can now adjust location icon size
    – You can now enable a show location accuracy circle around the location icon
    – Fixed a crash when hiding the right panel widgets in the map view
    – Fixed a case where swapping SD Cards on DMD-T devices would not recheck path
    – Fixed a bug on the language switch (in the map view options) for the German map
    – Completely redid Topo theme zoom levels for different road types (everything will be visible at lower zoom levels)
    – Fixed a case where tunnels and bridges were not showing/hiding at the same zoom levels as the road to where it belonged
    – Removed a series of unnecessary Runtime exceptions catch-trigger and converted them to log output

Buy Me a Coffee

Severian
    Participant

– Completely redid Topo theme zoom levels for different road types (everything will be visible at lower zoom levels)

Now works beautifully! Excellent job on this.

Severian
    Participant

Sounds like you enabled sensor based theme, go to Global settings and set a theme manually like “Always Dark” otherwise it will change the theme according to the light sensor, which on some devices does not work that well.

Unfortunately, no. “Always Dark”  theme is set in global settings.

Fully understand sensor based concept, so that is why I set “Always dark”. Never mind the battery, I prefer how it looks . 😉

Roeligan
    Participant

I’m beginning this journey having finally got the Beta in Google Play figured out. I’ve updated my DMD2 to Beta from Google Play on a Samsung Tab A7-Lite. I’d previously set map downloads to the SD card, but now that option is greyed out. I can wait on that. I purchased the OBD plugin, but am having issues getting the dongle to see the ECU either in the OBD Link app or DMD2 Beta. The dongle is an OBDII LX that works perfectly with TuneECU and was painless to link there as well. I will soon have a Carpe Inter Adventure controller in hand to play with as well and am hoping to use this on my upcoming rides in Utah, using some roadbooks I created with the offline maps as a backup.

Need to know which motorcycle you have. It needs to be OBD2 compatible which mean 2019+

Think this is related to KTM 990.  Can I contact you directly (or you me for that matter)?  I might be able to assist on this…

Would be great if you can get that working (as it is working with other apps (tune ecu, ktm bt sensors, …).

2wheelsinmotion
    Participant

Hello,

To update to the newer BETA version do we simply delete the old and then reinstall?

jlsch
    Participant

Yesterday I had a ride with a few crashes after loosing GPS fix a few times, “dmd not responding”a and sometimes I had to set dmd as the HomeApp after it was asking me. Overall it is working well and has really good features. I am on latest version …36 on CI 4b.

Viewing 10 posts - 561 through 570 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.