Tagged: #Beta #Map and track issues
21 July 2023 at 10:00 pm #2639
It would nice if I could make points on the man.
This was actually possible in a previous version of DMD, and YES, this will be coming back as soon as possible!
Very glad to hear this! Much needed function.
Also, two additional functionalities that would be great:
1. Routing between two chosen points (not only current location and one chosen point)
2. Option to convert route to gpx and save to local folder
There is workaround for item 2,with share and then copy, but it would be nice to be able to save route to gpx directly.
Both options, together with option to create waypoints on the track will elevate dmd2 to whole new level : it will become perfect offline tool for creating drives with many options.
22 July 2023 at 9:18 am #2641johnkeelKeymaster
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Severian.
==== Announcement ====
If you bought your CARPE Tab from Thork Racing and you are using DMD2 Beta please notice we had to change the license method for these devices!
Since we have dropped Lifetime licenses for the general public we now have new Lifetime licenses which we generate for all the devices we sell as “DMD2 Edition”.
All Ci Pad owners and THORK clients can get a license for free.
Just request your license here: https://www.thorkracing.com/request-license-key/
If you did not bought the device from Thork you need to purchases the plugins by clicking on “BUY PLUGIN” on each app section.
Notice that there is no lifetime license sales, the licenses you see on the Thork Racing website are NOT for the CARPE, those are just for the Tread devices.
Sorry for the trouble that this might case. We included 30 days free trial so that everyone has 30 days to sort the situation and not get caught in the middle of nowhere with a non functional app.24 July 2023 at 12:22 pm #2646
General report on Beta(s):
Versions used during the trip: 2.99933, 2.99934, 2.99935
Hw used: Oukitel rugged phone WP23 (performed SURPRISINGLY well indeed, if not perfectly, for the 130eur hw!!!)
For the first time, I trusted DMD2 enough and used it as the main GPX map tool on 10day offroad trip over Balkans (Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Albania). General impression – it performed well, if not very well overall. Does its job!
Combination with GPS LOGGER app (for gpx track logging) worked perfectly, to the point that I do not even miss gpx recording from the production version. Yes, Beta is unstable from time to time (various crashes), but not to the point that it really bothered me. Nor resulted in any kind of real problem, other than annoyance. This was very rough trip, with full day riding, all day. Sun (35C), dust, rough terrain, sweat (and tears :))) – you are not very gentle with your tools it those occasions. Combination of Oukitel rugged phone and DMD2 impressed me. That’s it for me, proof of concept successful, after many years Orux goes to the backup gpx tool 🙂 .
DMD2 Bugs observed:
1. Most annoying: I use dark theme (in order to preserve battery), so from time to time app is switching back to the default light theme. After loading tracks, zooming out etc. It is not frequent, but it happened more than once (let’s say, about 5-10x in 10 days). Maybe, some kind of option(s) reset to default(s) bug?
2. On some tracks (for instance: Montenegro TET from TET app) from time to time touching points on the track does not result in bringing up the “Point position distances” window. After deleting the track and loading it again, it works as it should.
3. In the “Point position distances” window, after clicking on “Track details” and than clicking on “Back” you are redirected to GPX dialogue, not back to Position distances (so, Back button should be context sensitive, not a “hard” link 🙂
Features that can be better:
1. Using routing icons on the route (for turns indications) directly on the map is counterproductive. It clogs up the map view to the point that it is almost unusable (6.7″ screen, it is maybe better on 8″+ tablets). Maybe to consider dropping turn icons altogether on the route as an option? Turn directions in route progress box is quite enough (at least in my opinion). Or, maybe showing only next 3 turns on the route (or something like that)? Showing every turn, including previous ones clogs map in urban scenarios very fast.
2. Dropping hospital symbols from the map will also be an improvement. I understand why they are there, but in my opinion it is also counterproductive, since it clogs map view in urban locations.
3. Saving waypoints on the track is massively needed 🙂
4. Routing between two selected points (instead only from current location and one selected point) also!
5. Saving Routes as GPX to local storage is needed for offline alternatives planning. Would be helpful.
6. Is it possible to avoid Google Files as file manager? I think not for third parties app (Android feature), but in case you know some workaround, it would be perfect! Google Files has MANY problems, some of them VERY annoying (reset is needed)
Conclusion: all listed above are small problems, really. DMD2 is already VERY good tool. And by good, I mean that dmd2 threatens to become the best tool in android ecosystem for enduro rider out there. With small improvements it can become good tool for enduro trip planning in offline and terrain conditions, which is huge for many of us!
Keep up the good work and we’ll keep up to promote and support!24 July 2023 at 7:53 pm #2647RalphsParticipant
OK, I just got the license key. Where do I add this? My DMD two seems to work OK despite it being bough from Thork?25 July 2023 at 12:13 am #2648klaasbloemParticipant
1. Most annoying: I use dark theme (in order to preserve battery), so from time to time app is switching back to the default light theme.
Your WP23 has a LCD screen with backlight, dark theme won’t save any battery power, it is useful on devices with an Amoled screen.25 July 2023 at 6:37 am #2649
Ok, good to know.25 July 2023 at 11:04 am #2650frathaParticipant
Bug in Version 2.99935
DMD2 is crashing of it‘s running in offline Mode on a carpe iter 4b
if Internet Connection is running dmd2 Works
Dmd2 lic Key is installed25 July 2023 at 11:08 am #2651frathaParticipant
if its Running and i close the Internet connection its crash25 July 2023 at 11:25 am #2652ParaenduristParticipant
The same happens on my carpe iter 4b with licence key25 July 2023 at 1:19 pm #2653jlschParticipant
Strange, I inserted the Licence Key and after that I also had problems with crash, particularly dmd had problems to be the home app, after that I deleted storage, unistalled dmd and installed again, now I am not able to use the Licence Key anymore, it says “already used by another device”, I am in contact with dmd, have CI pad bought at TR this March……………
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by jlsch.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.