Viewing 10 posts - 361 through 370 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    jesper
    Participant

Hi John After a recent upgrade the auto tilt and auto zoom works good, but I find that it zooms in too close (when on the home screen). I can see further on the road than I can see on the map. Some suggestions: – Show the zoom level in the bottom corner on the map widget, like on the map screen. – Have the auto zoom level a bit further out on the widget. – Make the arrow indicating position and direction smaller, remove the blue circle around it and instead have a border around the arrow, like the arrow in the status bar. The way it is now, the arrow covers very much of the map, and makes the position on zoom levels that are functional very hard to see (see attached screenshot). Maybe in the future also user selectable arrow styles? 🙂 – Less shading on the light theme, for increased visibility. Version 2.99917 I have manually zoomed out in this screenshot. Also, a gold accent colour option would be very nice. Thanks for the great work you do! Best regards Jesper

When in auto zoom mode you can use the zoom buttons and adjust the auto zoom. Basically when you are in auto zoom mode and you use zoom controls it is adding a multiplier factor to the auto zoom levels, that value is saved and reused. Some really nice suggestions in your post, will add to the list! Beta 2.99919: – GPX Manager – Waypoints is now complete – DMD-T devices now have function on the hardware shortcut buttons (later will be configurable), current shortcuts: Reset Trip / Light and Dark Theme toggle / Launch Google maps – Apps view will now correctly update after you install & uninstall an app – Fixed a case of the notifications filter not applying changes immediately – Removed GPS precision conditions that were specific for the CARPE Tab – Some more Topo Map Style changes

That’s great! Thanks!

Found a bug in 2.99917. When you navigate to a POI and then drive elsewhere after you have reached the POI, and then want to navigate to same POI again, it just says you have reached your destination.

BR

Jesper

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John

Pleased make the weather Button configurable, so one can choose the weather App of choice

calljj
    Participant

Latest v2.99999919

heading always shows 0 on Samsung active tab3.

no longer option to choose heading type used when stopped (present on non-beta release)

no longer option to merge all tracks within a gpx file (present on non-beta release)

I also had issue on first download of map where just a white screen was displayed, had to delete and redownload, maybe just a network issue.

thanks for the good on work on this 👍

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by calljj.
    calljj
    Participant

Other things noticed, when locking landscape mode it is always ‘charging pins down’ on a Samsung tab, I have my mount with charging pins up 😂

calljj
    Participant

Ooos another, when changing from landscape to portrait the

‘loading poi this might take some time’

message comes up, even tho all poi turned off (still showing petrol stations and no gpx displayed)

calljj
    Participant

Under map layers, map labels and symbols, when click the switch to disable symbols.
    exit, go back into menu and switch shows they are enabled again.

calljj
    Participant

***not a bug

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by calljj.
    calljj
    Participant

Aha! Found the settings to turn off poi and gas stations on each gpx. Should these be set as ‘off’ as default?

Murphyau
    Participant

Beta 2.99919.   Is there a method of entering a street address and/or lat-long co-ords directly into the DMD2 map screen ??

I can manual move & zoom the map with my fingers to find the location, and then select “Navigate”, but there does not seem to be a method of just typing the information into the map ??

jesper
    Participant

Hi

It looks like DMD2 is using a lot of power even when the screen us turned off/locked. Is it possible to make the app pause GPS when the screen is locked? Or maybe have an option where it goes to sleep when charging stops?

BR

Jesper

Viewing 10 posts - 361 through 370 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.