Viewing 10 posts - 351 through 360 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John I adore You for the fast Update sequence. But sorry in the 2.99917 I cannot find the Option for Auto reset You mentioned in your Update report

SC-Surfer
    Participant

Hello John I adore You for the fast Update sequence. But sorry in the 2.99917 I cannot find the Option for Auto reset You mentioned in your Update report

I do not find that setting either.

jesper
    Participant

Hi John

After a recent upgrade the auto tilt and auto zoom works good, but I find that it zooms in too close (when on the home screen). I can see further on the road than I can see on the map. Some suggestions:
    – Show the zoom level in the bottom corner on the map widget, like on the map screen.
    – Have the auto zoom level a bit further out on the widget.
    – Make the arrow indicating position and direction smaller, remove the blue circle around it and instead have a border around the arrow, like the arrow in the status bar. The way it is now, the arrow covers very much of the map, and makes the position on zoom levels that are functional very hard to see (see attached screenshot). Maybe in the future also user selectable arrow styles? 🙂
    – Less shading on the light theme, for increased visibility.

Version 2.99917

I have manually zoomed out in this screenshot.

Also, a gold accent colour option would be very nice.

Thanks for the great work you do!

Best regards
    Jesper

jesper
    Participant

….also for the future, some logic that remembers the last status of the fuel lamp from OBD, and asks you if you want to reset the fuel level calculation when the low fuel lamp goes from on to off.

Razom
    Participant

Frontplayer
    Participant

2081 wrote:

I cant, for the love of god, reproduce any map download issue. Maybe this is some kind of device filesystem limit. Makes little sense to me though. Can you guys remind me what devices are you using?

Here a CI v3 is in use Edit: installed latest version 29916. It says “No maps installed – would you?” By acknowledging it prompts “starting layers manager” and I try to install German North map again (DMD2 is installed on MicroSD again) -> it always stops installation @48%

Do not use SD Cards, that tablet has plenty of storage, the Move to SD Card feature is broken in most devices. Plus, depending on how the SD Card is formatted you might get file size limits. The download manager in Android cannot even correctly write to SD Card (even on new devices with latest Android) its broken (nothing to do with DMD2). We actually added SD Card support in our DMD-T devices, but to achieve that we need to download the files to internal memory and only after that copy them to SD Card. Using SD Cards in Android is BROKEN…

Jip, was just for testing

Removed it, installed latest one locally, tried ialian and german map

Stopped downloading @42% / 48%

‘:-(

Herbert H
    Participant

Viele Verkehrsflächen werden weiß dargestellt. Weiß auf weißen stellen auf der Karte, und ich finde darauf die Straße nicht.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi John After a recent upgrade the auto tilt and auto zoom works good, but I find that it zooms in too close (when on the home screen). I can see further on the road than I can see on the map. Some suggestions: – Show the zoom level in the bottom corner on the map widget, like on the map screen. – Have the auto zoom level a bit further out on the widget. – Make the arrow indicating position and direction smaller, remove the blue circle around it and instead have a border around the arrow, like the arrow in the status bar. The way it is now, the arrow covers very much of the map, and makes the position on zoom levels that are functional very hard to see (see attached screenshot). Maybe in the future also user selectable arrow styles? 🙂 – Less shading on the light theme, for increased visibility. Version 2.99917 I have manually zoomed out in this screenshot.  Also, a gold accent colour option would be very nice. Thanks for the great work you do! Best regards Jesper

When in auto zoom mode you can use the zoom buttons and adjust the auto zoom. Basically when you are in auto zoom mode and you use zoom controls it is adding a multiplier factor to the auto zoom levels, that value is saved and reused.

Some really nice suggestions in your post, will add to the list!

Beta 2.99919:
    – GPX Manager – Waypoints is now complete
    – DMD-T devices now have function on the hardware shortcut buttons (later will be configurable), current shortcuts: Reset Trip / Light and Dark Theme toggle / Launch Google maps
    – Apps view will now correctly update after you install & uninstall an app
    – Fixed a case of the notifications filter not applying changes immediately
    – Removed GPS precision conditions that were specific for the CARPE Tab
    – Some more Topo Map Style changes

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

SC-Surfer
    Participant

New bug in latest version…

in 2.99918 there is a new bug.

while in ‘map type and style’ repeatedly touching the off-road topo map will create additional ‘topi advanced options’ tabs on the left side of the screen. I now have 12 iterations of the ‘topo advanced options’ tab.

SC-Surfer
    Participant

Follow up…

once I kill the app and re-start the iterations go away and the tab menu returns to normal.

Viewing 10 posts - 351 through 360 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.