Viewing 10 posts - 371 through 380 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    mp_
    Participant

Beta 2.99919. Is there a method of entering a street address and/or lat-long co-ords directly into the DMD2 map screen ?? I can manual move & zoom the map with my fingers to find the location, and then select “Navigate”, but there does not seem to be a method of just typing the information into the map ??

Nop, not yet.

klaasbloem
    Participant

Hi It looks like DMD2 is using a lot of power even when the screen us turned off/locked. Is it possible to make the app pause GPS when the screen is locked? Or maybe have an option where it goes to sleep when charging stops? BR Jesper

That happened to me on the non beta version with a active compass rose on the home screen, I guess DMD2 was constantly searching for a GPS fix (and not finding it inside my home).

harupipapa
    Participant

apparently
    The keycode F5 seems to support continuous presses.
    The keycodes F6 and F7 don’t seem to support continuous presses.

in roadbook mode
    When working with a PDF, pressing the button scrolls only once.
    You have to press the button each time.
    It’s a pain to press the button every time you want to look ahead in the PDF.
    Is this the specification?
    I want continuous operation just by pressing a button

can you fix it?

bar button
    galaxy tab active3
    latest beta

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by harupipapa.
    klaasbloem
    Participant

Hi John, any plans for a portrait mode in the beta version?

respodk
    Participant

Hi John do you know when the buddy tracking feature will be part is the beta? Or is it still too soon to say.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello John Pleased make the weather Button configurable, so one can choose the weather App of choice

This is being replaced by our own weather forecast (internal DMD2 code)

Ooos another, when changing from landscape to portrait the ‘loading poi this might take some time’ message comes up, even tho all poi turned off (still showing petrol stations and no gpx displayed)

You are not supposed to be able to do that… only Landscape available at the moment.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Under map layers, map labels and symbols, when click the switch to disable symbols. exit, go back into menu and switch shows they are enabled again.

Found it and fixed for next update!

Thanks

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Aha! Found the settings to turn off poi and gas stations on each gpx. Should these be set as ‘off’ as default?

Those settings have been redone, they are all off by default now.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi It looks like DMD2 is using a lot of power even when the screen us turned off/locked. Is it possible to make the app pause GPS when the screen is locked? Or maybe have an option where it goes to sleep when charging stops? BR Jesper

It is not, the whole Location service gets stopped when you turn off the screen (no GPS use).
    How did you measure the power consumptions?

apparently The keycode F5 seems to support continuous presses. The keycodes F6 and F7 don’t seem to support continuous presses. in roadbook mode When working with a PDF, pressing the button scrolls only once. You have to press the button each time. It’s a pain to press the button every time you want to look ahead in the PDF. Is this the specification? I want continuous operation just by pressing a button can you fix it? bar button galaxy tab active3 latest beta

Buttons are fully configurable in the Roadbook View settings (cog wheel in the roadbook view top right corner), you can literally set them to REPEAT or NOT, and even set the repeat speed!

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 Beta 2.99920:
    – GPX Manager – Settings – Auto POI new interface, more POI categories, you can drag and drop to sort (only the first 3 will show in the progress box in the map)
    – Improved Track Progress calculations
    – Map Themes: 3D Buildings are now transparent
    – Fixed a case where the map Progress boxes were not being removed
    – Fixed a case where when DMD2 is the default home and there is a Screen Lock the location service did not start
    – Fixed a case of DMD-T* devices hardware keys not mapped to DMD2

Viewing 10 posts - 371 through 380 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.