Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John

Would IT bei possible to Store the result of a Poi Search for a given Tour (gpx file).So there is Not a Long delay when You wake Up the device. I have Planner a Tour for 5000 km and this Takes time to search because there are about 6 Maps involved

Richard
    Participant

Hi, yesterday I was following a track. On a certain moment the track progress box including the next waypoint was gone. Toggle the switch in the settings had no effect. This happened to me twice the day, mostly after a quick pauze. Only a restart of the tablet made it work again. Using the latest beta on a a8 tablet ( ajp model)

Looks like a little bug.

Keep up the good work 👍

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Richard.
    Richard
    Participant

Hi,

Another thing I noticed. When you are in the gpx manager and want to get take a look on the tracks of an gpx file ( for example to change the color) and click on back… The active gpx file is the uppermost mentioned. Not the one where you look at before. A little confusing if you want to look at the other tracks of the gpx file or change color again. And I like to see the best matched colour for the track, which is a great feature.

Not a big deal, but confusing. ( Some real life experiences 🙂 )

Again, keep up the good work

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello John great Job the Offroad nav. Did you ditch the Mixed Button for easy? Unfortunately the left Side Box still remains after finishing nav with Finish button

I know, unfortunately I released the update without actually finishing the new Navigation stuff I was going to do. There was a critical bug with SD Cards and the DMD-T* devices that needed sorted.

The “Mixed” profile is gone because now ANY profile can take you off road, the ROAD profiles will avoid it at all cost but still calculate if the destination is offroad or if the departure is offroad.
    For a true “Mixed” profile, like I always wanted, the Off-Road Easy profile should be what you want. Its being fine tuned so be careful with the offroad profiles.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

I have installed the beta version on the Carpe Iter to be able to test it better. My question: how can I mark or save a point on the map (previously: places)? I have used this function a lot so far. Greetings Jörg

Not yet implemented… will come later, sorry.

I noticed it, too. Since beta doesn’t support gpx tracking, I imagine that saving a waypoint also is not possible.

Yes, GPX Record and Location save is not yet implemented.

Let’s hope so together. Otherwise, the beta already works quite well, so I have taken the step of using the beta for the Ci Pad. I would just like to have a charging current display in the status bar. The fact that voltage is present says nothing about charging.

Added this to requests, this is something I actually want for myself too so 😀

Hello John Would IT bei possible to Store the result of a Poi Search for a given Tour (gpx file).So there is Not a Long delay when You wake Up the device. I have Planner a Tour for 5000 km and this Takes time to search because there are about 6 Maps involved

Thats actually a good idea!!! I was actually thinking about stuff like that during the weekend.
    Another cool thing we could probably have is do a map sweep and index in a SQL database all the “Places”, not the stuff in the POI file but rather the map source Labels which will contain streets and numbers for address search.
    I tried doing an address search but its IMPOSSIBLE to do a search on the map labels, I tried a street which is 35Km away from me and it was going to take almost one hour, the data in the map source is just not designed for that.
    My idea is:
    For POI we already have the POI file, this allows us to search for places by name, like GAS Station, Restaurant, etc – This one is SQL Database
    For Address search, we could maybe allow the app to run a background thread that would be indexing the map labels (streets and numbers and their coordinates)
    But because the Address search is never going to be perfect im thinking of adding the Google Places API, nothing beats searching for something with the Google API.
    So if the user is Online we use the Google API, if the user is offline we use POI + Indexed map labels.

In the direction of what you are asking for, additional to this I was also thinking about how to speed up some processes, one way is exactly like what you want, create database cache for operations like searching POI and other costly operation that we do for real-time statistics.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi, Another thing I noticed. When you are in the gpx manager and want to get take a look on the tracks of an gpx file ( for example to change the color) and click on back… The active gpx file is the uppermost mentioned. Not the one where you look at before. A little confusing if you want to look at the other tracks of the gpx file or change color again. And I like to see the best matched colour for the track, which is a great feature. Not a big deal, but confusing. ( Some real life experiences 🙂 ) Again, keep up the good work

Makes sense! Adding to list of things to do!

marius.mihasan
    Participant

Been using the beta version for a while now, both on my phones and on a Chinese Android head unit in my car. It works well and is rather reliable, but I have noticed that if I set DMD2 as the home app, it fails to get a GPS lock when the device starts or comes out of sleep. It always gets the GPS location if another app is the home app and I start DMD2 manually. I had the same issue with other home apps that are using gps data, so it might not be a DMD2 problem.

But, could you please make available a restart/turn of DMD2 button/function even when DMD2 is the home app? In the current version, if DMD is set as the home app, the only way to restart it is to restart the device (which is complicated and takes some time for a head unit). Thanks

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta Version 2.99921 / 2.99922 / 2.99923:
    – New Offroad specific profiles with Easy (for big bikes), Medium (for experienced riders) and Hard (for small enduro bikes).
    Off Road profiles try to take you offroad as much as possible, DONT USE TO NAVIGATE in cities. Difficulty profiles are based on: Ground Type / Track Grade / Uphills / Downhills –All profiles (Road Fast and Road Fun) can take to and off any offroad track, but they will always calculate to NOT include offroad, the offroad this profiles do are just in case destination or your initial position is offroad
    -Road Fun profile is optimised for sightseeing, riding around 50-60Km/h on tertiary roads
    – Map Layers – Labels Settings – You can now reduce the size even more
    – Track Tap, greatly improved calculations
    – Track Tap, distance between two points – improved UI and Calculations
    – Real Time track progress calculation are god like now… (hopefully)
    – Fixed a bug on DMD-T devices where app would restart after device start (when set to default home) – if it still happens you might need to clear App Data (sorry)
    – Track Progress / Nav Progress – improved condition to when to show each – NOT FINISHED yet – will be finished on next stage when we release the final Route Calculator version (with better calculations and multiple point calculation among other goodies)
    – Fixed a bug on Waypoint Tap where the correct waypoint was not selected on the list when some waypoint where set to hidden (also fixes a possible crash)
    – Just like previous line, same for Auto Track POI tap
    – New detection algorithms for Fuk***up situations where tracks start and end on the same spot, or even worse tracks have long sections that go through exact same place, or track cross paths… (implemented on GPX, will soon be implemented on calculated routes)
    – Fixed a bug where on some views you could click on views that were behind (example Home apps icons)
    – Fixed a case on OBDView where it would crash if user inputs a non Integer Fuel mileage value
    – New Initial Online Address Search feature

SC-Surfer
    Participant

Great stuff….

The nav box still doesn’t go away after pressing ‘Options->Finish’

Severian
    Participant

Great update, specifically off road routing improvements!

Just one quick suggestion: in map view POI and new Address search buttons should be one button for both OR those two should be optional to show or not in map view.

It’s getting too crowded up there…

Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.