Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

Found something strange today. some time ago i had started a download of the Alps map, but it never completed. Then in the beta it showed as normal undownloaded (down arrow could icon), so i had forgotten that I started the download. Today suddenly I see notifications from ‘Download Manager’ that it was (again) downloading ‘DMD – Alps’ (or some such), even in the app there was no indication of this. Killing that just brought it back. I then forced stop and ‘clear data’ for the App, but that download *still* re-appeared after a while I had to go into the Settings/Apps., sort/enable system apps to be shown, select Downloads manager and then clear its cache Who knows how many mega/gigabytes it used up trying to download that map in the background

Yes unfortunately the Android download manager is not up to the task.
    We been using the device download manager (its not actually DMD2 that downloads anything) but the system is proving to be very unreliable so we will make our own download manager from scratch to solve this and other issues that user been having.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John with the Maps You May have a Point. But my Problem ist the track goes from Germany to Switzerland and then to france. But i will try to reduce.

But there IS an Idea. May bei IT would bei possible to build a corridor of 20 km arround the track and Research only there.

Regarding the navigate Item do you See a solution?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello John I gain found some strange behavior in 2.99920. in the gpx settings the on track Points are calculated even when the calculated track Poi IS crossed Out when the Chosen Points are marked on. Only If everything IS unckecked IT IS Not calculated.it calculated even when the track IS invisible.

This is fixed for 2.99921 update.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 2.99920 I am not sure if this is a “bug” or a “design feature”. . . . If I select a destination point on the map, and use the DMD2 in-built navigation function, it will plot a “public road” route and provide “turn by turn” direction. However, If I deviate off this plotted route for some reason (e.g. road works / crash / traffic, etc) DMD2 continues to update and show my exact position on the map, but does not re-calculate a route to my destination, or even show how I get from my current position back to my original route. As a “work around”, I can “Finish” option and close the original route, and then manually create a new route from my current position to my original destination, but this is rather difficult at 100 kph. Shouldn’t DMD2 automatically do this “re-calculation” for me ? Is there a menu option / method to force DMD2 Navigation to re-calculate a route when my current position is some distance off the original planned route ??

Fixed for 2.99921

Tested 2.99921 still the Same Bugs. The navigate Box remains after clicking Finish. The Calculation in my Carpe Iter for a 350 km track with 3 pois clicked needs about 10 minutes

Fixed for 2.99921

Guys please notice that while Beta should be stable and very “near ready” all the features that we are currently working on like “POIs / Navigation / Real-Time progress” are the ones in active development so those can be expected to have bugs while we move the code forward and its still in a state of “unfinished”.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi John, Running the DMD2 Beta and just installed the Carpe ADV controller. Generally loving it, and definitely loving DMD2. I do have one question/issue? When I use the joystick to pan in map mode I have no idea how to return to regular mode (i.e. regular view centered on my location) In ‘regular’ map centered view I can use the top button (Enter) to toggle from Follow Me to North UP, etc. However once I enter pan mode, the enter key instantly brings up the ‘Long Press on Map’ dialog and there is no way to get back to regular map mode. I’m guessing there is a key press sequence to get out of panning mode but I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks

I have exactly the same problem but it may be user error that I do not know how to get around it or it could be an issue with the Adventure Controller

Would love to know the answer to that as well

After you enter the “panning mode” to disable just long press the last button in the controller (bottom button), long press the minus button is always “BACK or EXIT”

You can disable panning mode in the Map Settings (cog wheel in the top right corner in the map), just click on “Disable Panning Mode Target”

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello John with the Maps You May have a Point. But my Problem ist the track goes from Germany to Switzerland and then to france. But i will try to reduce. But there IS an Idea. May bei IT would bei possible to build a corridor of 20 km arround the track and Research only there. Regarding the navigate Item do you See a solution?

To be honest, like A LOT of the stuff you guys are using are unfinished, the final version of the Track Auto Load POI will include settings like:
    – Set maximum POI distance to the track (5Km, 10Km, 25Km, 50Km)
    – Do a POI search at every: 10Km interval / 25Km intervals/ 50Km intervals / 100Km intervals
    – Maximum number of results per search interval (per category): 3, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100

Those settings will GREATLY impact the performance.

Paraendurist
    Participant

So John I tried again with Germany south, Switzerland,france north and IT took about 4 minutes  I think still to Long.

But I came across another Item.it allready Shows the track ibcould click on IT and IT Shows track Details. But when i Go to gpx Files IT Shows No File strange after a Lot of time later IT Shows the gpx file there.

When I do a navigate to track start ITS fast.when I Finish IT IT Finish also the left Side box. When i do the Same again IT Finish es the Route but the track stays. If i do IT the third time track an Box Go away. If i do IT the 4th time dmd2 Crashes

Lol

miro
    Participant

Latest v2.99999919 heading always shows 0 on Samsung active tab3.

May I ask, is this acknowledged as a bug? Or is the hardware not supported? I have the same issue in v 2.99920 on both an active tab3 and a doogee pro98.

thanks. DMD2 is brilliant.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by miro.

—miro

Frontplayer
    Participant

Sounds like the possible reason for the larger maps German north and Italy not downloading

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Latest v2.99999919 heading always shows 0 on Samsung active tab3.

May I ask, is this acknowledged as a bug? Or is the hardware not supported? I have the same issue in v 2.99920 on both an active tab3 and a doogee pro98. thanks. DMD2 is brilliant.

Thats because its a GPS heading, it will only move when you are actually riding and not when you are stopped.
    Magnetic sensors are just crap, no way ill use that as a source of heading…

Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.