Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 845 total)
  • Author
    johnkeel
    Keymaster

Version 2.85 (13/02/2023)
    – Sensors Widget now includes Reset and Invisible option – In the map view to toggle invisible slots you need to long press the small button on top that toggles widgets visibility
    – Minor UI improvements
    – Added Map Long Press dialog (for now just for external navigation start and sharing that location with other apps like before)
    – Added quick location map update on start (used until filtered location are accepted)
    – Improved some location filter rules for calculation operations
    – Improved map pause and resume logic (between map view and map widget)
    – Fixed a bug where waypoint were being displayed even after you hidden the GPX file
    – Further improved CARPE Tab filtering

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Using beta 2.84 for 1st time, as my primary interest is in Africa navigation, I noticed that many country maps are still missing. After an initial review: Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin, (maybe the last 3 are under West Africa), South Sudan, Sudan and surprisingly Egypt. Furthermore, after checking Morocco+Mauritania, I noticed that the town names are in Western name/Greek/Arabic, but prevalently Arabic. It is very confusing. There should be an option in Setting for choosing, e.g. “Western only”. I also tried to select Off Road Topo in Map Style, but nothing changes in the layout with or without Reset.

I am absolutely sure all maps are included but maybe some countries are bundled together, I will check and correct names.
    Choosing map language is already in the todo list, will try to fix that!

Setup: DMD2 Beta2.84 + Samsung Galaxy Active 3 + ODBlink LX + Yamaha Tracer 9GT 1. Use case: ODB reading issue. I Start point: ODBlink LX in sleep mode. Ignition off. Samsung tab in sleep. II Wake up Samsung Tab and DMD2 is on the screen. ODBlink wakes up automatically and BT connection seems to be ok. Start engine. RMP shows 4163, voltage 0.0, coolant 25c, throtle 25%. Values ​​are every time same and stuck, no change. If I turn off the engine and restart again everything works smoothly and the values ​​change (rpm, voltage etc.). Or if I reboot DMD2 ODB reading start works also. This happened only if ODBlink is on sleep mode in the begining. 2. 3D view of the map worked just after installing Beta2.84, but stopped working yesterday. (the license was ordered with DMD2 normal version about a week ago).

Will try to reproduce that.
    There is no 3D maps… not sure what you are talking about. Maybe you mean perspective map?? If so press the follow location button until it turns into a compass, then use two fingers at the same time and drag the map up or down to set the tilt.
    Also, about the licenses, if it was not licensed you would have a popup box saying it was not licensed so it is not related to license.

Bibo
    Participant

Using beta 2.84 for 1st time, as my primary interest is in Africa navigation, I noticed that many country maps are still missing. After an initial review: Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin, (maybe the last 3 are under West Africa), South Sudan, Sudan and surprisingly Egypt. Furthermore, after checking Morocco+Mauritania, I noticed that the town names are in Western name/Greek/Arabic, but prevalently Arabic. It is very confusing. There should be an option in Setting for choosing, e.g. “Western only”. I also tried to select Off Road Topo in Map Style, but nothing changes in the layout with or without Reset.

I am absolutely sure all maps are included but maybe some countries are bundled together, I will check and correct names. Choosing map language is already in the todo list, will try to fix that!

I checked a 2nd time: Senegal, Ghana, Togo and Benin are bundled together as West Africa, with all the countries in between. If Egypt and Sudan are bundled somewhere, I don’t know, but they should be on their own.

The names are in Arabic in Morocco and Mauritania, but in West Africa and Mali they are correct.

Does Off Road Topo view work for you?

johnkeel
    Keymaster

I checked a 2nd time: Senegal, Ghana, Togo and Benin are bundled together as West Africa, with all the countries in between. If Egypt and Sudan are bundled somewhere, I don’t know, but they should be on their own. The names are in Arabic in Morocco and Mauritania, but in West Africa and Mali they are correct. Does Off Road Topo view work for you?

Egypt and Sudan are both in Middle East, not sure that makes sense, maybe we should change it to MENA (Middle East and North Africa)?

And yes Off-Road Topo is working for everyone… not sure why you are saying it is not working.

Bibo
    Participant

I checked a 2nd time: Senegal, Ghana, Togo and Benin are bundled together as West Africa, with all the countries in between. If Egypt and Sudan are bundled somewhere, I don’t know, but they should be on their own. The names are in Arabic in Morocco and Mauritania, but in West Africa and Mali they are correct. Does Off Road Topo view work for you?

Egypt and Sudan are both in Middle East, not sure that makes sense, maybe we should change it to MENA (Middle East and North Africa)? And yes Off-Road Topo is working for everyone… not sure why you are saying it is not working.

As far as I am concerned, they should be in Africa – period. Egypt, Sudan and South Sudan. Map wise, is UK part of Europe? Of course it is 😇

For OR Topo I just click on the new style and nothing changes in view even if I zoom. Just a guess, have you tried on the Morocco + Mauritania maps?

johnkeel
    Keymaster

As far as I am concerned, they should be in Africa – period. Egypt, Sudan and South Sudan. Map wise, is UK part of Europe? Of course it is 😇 For OR Topo I just click on the new style and nothing changes in view even if I zoom. Just a guess, have you tried on the Morocco + Mauritania maps?

Its mostly convenience, for example, both USA and CANADA are in North America, but its a lot of maps to put them all under the same region.

Same spot with regular map type and topo map style.

sejtam
    Participant

I just downloaded Beta 2.86 and downloaded the Thailand map

It seems to have all text in Thai script/font. While that is useful for locals, it is impossible to use for non-Thai speakers/readers.  Is there a way to get a version of the map using English names for locations?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by sejtam.
    sejtam
    Participant

Also DMD2 Beta 2.86. Every time i start, it asks whether i want to allow Notification pop ups. It does not seem to remember the previous setting.

sejtam
    Participant

no idea why my attempt to comment with pictures never appears?

johnkeel
    Keymaster

I just downloaded Beta 2.86 and downloaded the Thailand map It seems to have all text in Thai script/font. While that is useful for locals, it is impossible to use for non-Thai speakers/readers. Is there a way to get a version of the map using English names for locations?

By default all maps show local language, im changing the default and adding an option for map language in the future (all maps are multi language actually)

Also DMD2 Beta 2.86. Every time i start, it asks whether i want to allow Notification pop ups. It does not seem to remember the previous setting.

What device? We cannot touch permission thats the system doing…

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 845 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.