Viewing 10 posts - 821 through 830 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    Severian
    Participant

Yes… one more thing: “back to track” vector is super useful in real life, indeed!

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John

When we use Speed on the main Screen it means we use gps speed. Because it is GPS Speed we will loose the GPS signal in tunnels. Would it be possible to replace GPS Speed in the Main view with odo speed as soon as the gps signal is lost??This would make the use of the Main Speed much more reliable.

sveni
    Participant

Why is it that I can’t see any higher version in play store than 3.00032

//Sven

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by sveni.
    Brutus
    Participant

Google is arguing about something, more info about it on DMD2 FB…

we just have to wait, DMD team is working on a solution😊

Severian
    Participant

Seems to me that obvious path to choose is to avoid Google Play for all devices. This will probably raise questions about easy licensing, but I think it will worth it… No point to keep Google as a show stopper… with the hefty fee, too.

Severian
    Participant

3.00039 (??) available on play store… We’ll see change log (hopefully), but probably it’s bye, bye foreground service…

navnerd
    Participant

Today I installed 3.00039 on my device: The foreground service message on exit is really gone :-(. When switching to the device home screen (and not exiting DMD2!), the trip is not incremented and straight lines are drawn… 🙁 🙁 . Also, switching the screen off during DMD trip recording leads to the same problem.
    So, that forces us to use DMD2 as start app and NEVER use another app over it that may switch the screen off (like during a phone call…). The only workaround currently is to record the trip with a third party app (like GPX logger recommended by Severian – it works really great! :-)).
    John, can’t you explain the Google reviewer / approver that this will cost Google license fees (American companies are usually very sensitive to this…)? This is a huge limitation of functionality of a navigation / trip logging app!! Google has allowed the wished behavior already in DMD1 (which I sometimes still use :-). Why don’t they allow it in DMD2? –> Explain and ask him. May be the forum participants should send him a protest petition…
    😉

Probably the best solution really is providing an apk-download outside the google play store, if that discussion still does not help…

fasteddy
    Participant

Good Morning, has there been any thought on porting DMD2 app to work on ChromeOS tablets? I’m not a developer but I do see quite a few Android apps running on that platform.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by fasteddy.
    Bruno de Sere
    Participant

Hello

For the Garmin Tread platform that will be a nice feature to have in the setting the possibility to store the maps on the external SD drive. It will be pretty cool when you activate this feature to copy all existing maps to the SD cards and if you desactivate it to recopy the maps from the SD card to the internal storage (data partition).

Best regards

Severian
    Participant

Ver 3.00041 crashing on start, after update from 39. Android 14, Oneplus phone.

Bug update: seems to me that crashes occurs when there is no gps fix. When phone has gps location locked, ver 41 sometimes starts fine and sometimes still crashes.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Severian.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Severian.
Viewing 10 posts - 821 through 830 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.