Viewing 10 posts - 811 through 820 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    mp_
    Participant

when you share a location from google app and the app switch between themes (tunel or whatever) the navigate modal open every time. can you add an option to delete latest search addresses, option to clear them all and one by one? v 3.00030

Let me see if i get this right, i share a location from Google Maps to DMD2, then i switch theme (from dark to light for example) the Navigation Dialog shows up like you have just shared a location from Google Maps to DMD2 again?

yes, and keep happening when theme changing again and again.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

DMD2 – 3.00033:
    – New Map instrument in Roadbook (Tap Heading) -> To improve later
    – Fixed Save Location Dialog – Now shows correct layout for tablet
    – Other UI improvements
    – Increased min Zoom level where Waypoint are shown

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

ang
    Participant

Was hoping we could get a way to delete online search addresses. In the works?

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John
    Is there any hope for the updates to become online. In my understanding the problem lays in the background feature of dmd2. If there is no other possibility I think you should remove this feature from the google version until google accepts your arguments

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello John Is there any hope for the updates to become online. In my understanding the problem lays in the background feature of dmd2. If there is no other possibility I think you should remove this feature from the google version until google accepts your arguments

Just made yet another submission of my case to them, this will be my last attempt, been on this everyday for more than one week.
    Funny how people are giving me 1 star rating on Play Store because “SD Card support removed”…. when in reality not even a crappy foreground service approval we can get, something we use since day one and THOUSANDS of apps use.

I think google is dead set on killing navigation apps or make as limited as possible.

The list of things that we have removed already is INSANE… this will soon start to lead to people saying “Why can you do all those thing on your DMD devices but not on the other devices”, im 100% sure people will say this is on purpose.

Here is what is going on:

From Google:

Specifically, we are unable to approve your app’s use of FOREGROUND_SERVICE permission because we found the following information provided to be insufficient in evaluating compliance with foreground service permission requirements:

The video link you provided in the Play Console declaration, and/or
    The app description in the Google Play store.

My description in the Play Store app page:

When using DMD2 you can run it also as foreground service allowing you to use other apps while DMD2 will keep running its trip computer and/or GPX Recorder as a Foreground Service. This makes sure your Trip values or your track recording do not get lost even if you want to use other apps at the same time.

My Policy Description for the reviewer:

NOTICE: Starting version 300038 (3.00038) – By default we now made this feature DISABLED -> It requires the user to manually enable it!

1. Provide a description of the app functionality that is using each foreground service type:

Allows the app to keep incrementing Trip values and record GPX track while running as foreground service. This is useful when the user uses our app as default home launcher and you move from our app to another app but still want to keep incrementing TRIP and recording GPX track.
    Since the main goal of our app is to be used as a motorcycle dashboard where you can also start other apps the user expects the dashboard to correctly keep track of trip, odometer and trip recordings even if he moves to another app.

2. Describe the user impact if:
    the task is deferred by the system (does not start immediately); and/or
    the task is interrupted by the system (paused and/or restarted).

If this task is deferred or stopped by system it means the trip values, odometer and GPX recording will not be correct anymore, the user will loose the data he is expecting the app to increment.

By default we now made this feature DISABLED, it now requires the user to manually enable it from the app settings!
    And, even if the user manually enables this, when the user closes the app to move to another app we display a dialog on app close to allow the user to select to close or run as foreground service.

My video explaining the feature:

And this is for something as basic as Foreground Service which already includes a dialog when user closes the app and already includes a setting to disable this and this casts a notification so that the user can see that the service is running!
    Now imagine what would take for the SD Card permission… lol its like 10x worse.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Jello John thanks for explaning that all. Awfull how much inproductive time you habe to spend by explaining that stuff to google not knowing whether they will accept.
    Thanks for your good work

Jörg
    Participant

Is it possible that the version DMD2 – 3.00033 is not yet available on Google?

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John when you link a media player app to the media player steering permanently this is at the moment not reversible. This is fatal if you realise that it does not work with the chosen app completely.

Severian
    Participant

The list of things that we have removed already is INSANE… this will soon start to lead to people saying “Why can you do all those thing on your DMD devices but not on the other devices”, im 100% sure people will say this is on purpose.

You are 100% right, people will say this.

Is there any way for you to make “full” version available for all devices as a direct download (not via Google Play Store)?

Severian
    Participant

I analyzed a little bit gpx recording from today’s long ride and it seems to me that you log DEVICE time, not GPS time?

GPS time is more accurate approach, since device can be out of time sync (if manual time setting option is choosen in android).

Ver. 30032

PS: Also, what is badly 🙂 needed in this “gpx recording” department :

1. Setting for gpx log color

2. Setting for gpx log thickness & opacity

3. Setting for show/not show log (sometimes I want to record gpx, but I don’t want to see it in the map view, since it can be confusing in some specific situations)

4. And MOST of all: setting for log frequency (now is 1 sec, which can be good, but sometimes it is too frequent – for loooong and slow rides, like hard enduro).

I hope even google won’t mind for those… 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 811 through 820 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.