Viewing 10 posts - 771 through 780 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

I have a T665. In the current version of DriveMode 3.00007, and the previous one, the screen lock does not work. I press the lock icon, it activates, but I can still move the map if I move my hand or finger, and the rest of the buttons work too.

To everyone talking about the lock feature.

You guys noticed that in the map view settings > go to map view (click the cog wheel in the top right corner) there is a setting to set the behaviour of the lock button right?

Setting: DISABLE MAP TOUCH WHEN LOCKED -> This needs to be enabled for the lock to disable touch
    AUTO LOCK WHEN MOVING and AUTO UNLOCK WHEN STOPPED -> Make sure these settings are not messing with your lock function

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

João Pereira
    Keymaster

The setting was enabled, so I just rechecked, now with this last version (3.00016) I can see it again in top middle box, home view. It’s ok. BTW, very nice add-on with different location modes!! Zoom to active track and zoom to active GPX are super useful indeed. Good work! PS: please, invest time in keeping the changelog, if possible. It’s better when one knows what to test 🙂

Ahhh yes about the change log… im a bit lost here, this thread is DMD Beta Progress… but now we are out of the Beta and in Production.

I have not placed change log because the changes are now small stuff in production version (not Beta anymore).

Should i create a new thread for DMD2 Production? Or do i rename this Thread for “DMD2 Development” and we keep using this one?

What do you guys think?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Also guys… for quick stuff please use the discord channel!!!! -> https://discord.com/invite/EXANMZ4Q

Severian
    Participant

Should i create a new thread for DMD2 Production? Or do i rename this Thread for “DMD2 Development” and we keep using this one?

In my opinion, it is better to have everything in one topic, so renaming is more consistent.

Because switch of the color profile restarts the whole app.

And, frankly, this IS the problem. Everyone using light sensor theme switching have this situation regularly: enter the tunnel – app restarts (so, gpx reloads, screen unlocks…), exit the tunnel – app restarts. Then another tunnel, everything again. Very annoying, believe me. Not crucial, true. But annoying, even more true! 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Severian.
    Alkermes
    Participant

I have a T665. In the current version of DriveMode 3.00007, and the previous one, the screen lock does not work. I press the lock icon, it activates, but I can still move the map if I move my hand or finger, and the rest of the buttons work too.

To everyone talking about the lock feature. You guys noticed that in the map view settings > go to map view (click the cog wheel in the top right corner) there is a setting to set the behaviour of the lock button right? Setting: DISABLE MAP TOUCH WHEN LOCKED -> This needs to be enabled for the lock to disable touch AUTO LOCK WHEN MOVING and AUTO UNLOCK WHEN STOPPED -> Make sure these settings are not messing with your lock function

Solved. Thanks 😉

João Pereira
    Keymaster

In my opinion, it is better to have everything in one topic, so renaming is more consistent.

Because switch of the color profile restarts the whole app.

And, frankly, this IS the problem. Everyone using light sensor theme switching have this situation regularly: enter the tunnel – app restarts (so, gpx reloads, screen unlocks…), exit the tunnel – app restarts. Then another tunnel, everything again. Very annoying, believe me. Not crucial, true. But annoying, even more true! 🙂

Yeah unfortunately that is not a DMD2 issue, thats just how Android applies app themes, it restarts the whole thing.
    The only solution for this is if i make my own Theme manager (which is A LOT OF WORK) but something i think i will do sooner or later.

Events that restart the app: Theme switch – Rotation switch (if not locked) -> both a living nightmare for apps like DMD2

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Thread title updated.

Last release change logs:

DMD v3.00016:
    Map View: New Follow Location Modes (configurable in map view settings)
    Cache reset on theme color change
    Fixed a bug with lock not working on home view
    GPX Progress now shows ETA instead of Travel Time
    Other small improvements

DMD v3.00015 released:
    Map View: Search – Search by name moved to squares, bottom button replaced with new INSERT COORDINATES function
    Map View: Topo Themes – improved barrier type icons
    Map View: Settings – new settings to hide widget title labels (to increase value text)
    Map View: When locked the widgets will use the full available height (including the space for the hide/show widgets)
    Map View: Portrait Layout ONLY – Auto POIs now reduced to displaying only 2 – to increase sizes for texts, was too small
    Controllers: Remote1 2-Way Switch Zoom is now inverted (its more intuitive)
    All: Top Status Bar: Tap on it hides/shows bottom menu
    Many UI improvements

DMD2 v3.00014:
    Home View: Added button to lock touch / hide bottom menu
    Home View: Controller button B or B long press will trigger lock
    Map View: Map Topo Theme – Reduced width of Tracks & Paths
    Map View: Fixed a bug with OpenGL rendering map wrong on some Android 14 devices
    Made some changes for the app defaults when running for the first time on a phone

DMD2 v3.00013:
    Changed some app defaults for the first run
    Home View: New widget option for the bottom widget: “EMPTY” which hides bottom section and enlarges remaining space
    Fixed a bug with some routing voice instructions for some languages
    Fixed a case of incorrect date formats
    Bottom Menu in focus mode (controller) now correctly uses the selected accent color
    Other bug fixes

Severian
    Participant

Quick workaround proposal : to base light/dark theme on sunrise/sunset data instead on the light sensor? Or in addition to the light sensor, as another option.

Not good for tunnels, but good enough for everything else! Including annoying app reset in tunnels (it will just stay in light theme, no big deal. But still at night it will go to dark one).

Jörg
    Participant

I am old and forgetful. That’s why I really liked the automatic start of a new route recording every day.
    I have already forgotten several times.

A configuration for an automatic start would be very nice.

Otherwise, I updated my Carpe Iter Pad to Android 11 yesterday.
    The upgrade went almost without a hitch.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Jörg.
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

I am old and forgetful. That’s why I really liked the automatic start of a new route recording every day. I have already forgotten several times. A configuration for an automatic start would be very nice. Otherwise, I updated my Carpe Iter Pad to Android 11 yesterday. The upgrade went almost without a hitch.

Ah yes this is FOR SURE returning soon.

Quick workaround proposal : to base light/dark theme on sunrise/sunset data instead on the light sensor? Or in addition to the light sensor, as another option. Not good for tunnels, but good enough for everything else! Including annoying app reset in tunnels (it will just stay in light theme, no big deal. But still at night it will go to dark one).

I do not think that solves the issue, because when i enter a dark place like a tunned i do want the app to do dark and when i exit i do want it to go light.
    The issue is the reload of the whole app. So the way i see this we will have to stop using the Android theme system (which sucks like every other Android API) and create our own where we reload UI components with new theme without a full app reload.
    This is going to be A LOT OF WORK!!! But i think it needs to be done.

DMD v3.00017:
    App load time improvements
    Map load speed improved
    Fixed a case of “No Fix” on some devices when rotation lock is set
    Fixed case where some widgets would not show the “+” when loaded in center top home position
    Minor topo map improvements with zoom level for “barrier” type icons
    Other small improvements (as always)

Viewing 10 posts - 771 through 780 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.