Viewing 10 posts - 231 through 240 (of 845 total)
  • Author
    johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hi! will there be “odb sensors” screen back? I miss nice big tachometer bar 🙂

But there is an OBD view. Not sure I understand what you are talking about.

Nice the new version…. Tomorrow I will try… I have 1 question and 1 issue. Is it possible to load a gpx and get turn by turn indication? The issue is about the road calculation. Is fast and it calcolate a good tout by some Times it takes secondary road to save couple of meters and don’t use the main road. There is no importance classification of the different road? Thanks for the nice job Christian

Navigation when loading a GPX with tracks or GPX with Routes? For Routes there will be route calculation for sure. For GPX with tracks we plan to add a sort of indications but nothing like a regular navigation, I want something more Off-Road and Adventure specific.

As for the calculations profiles they are EXTREMELY flexible. And they are a work in progress that I will keep on improving. I will also add more fine-tuning options for the calculation.

Hello John great Work to have navigation INSIDE, especially when Offroad IS working. Two questions 1 how ist possible to Stop navigation and abandon the aktual Route 2 do You Plan to integrated intermediate waypoints and a possibility to Put them Info an specified Order 3 will IT bei possible to replan on the Screen by moving the planned Route

To stop current navigation click on the “OPTIONS” button in the navigation information panel in the left of your screen.
    We plan to allow you to add as many points as you want + loop back options.

Hello John Yesterday Had my First short Tripp with dmd2.Everything worked great. I have one Point. At the Moment IT IS Not possible to reset values in the boxes on the map Page, You have to use the widget on the Homepage for that. Would IT bei possible to integrated that on all Pages where the dayly Journey values are visible. Would IT also bei possible to start the Journey manualy

Yes I agree this needs improvement. I will add this plus the old options for automatic trip reset.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Tomppa65
    Participant

Hello, just tried the navigation. Works very good. The timer is not showing anything. Rest works.

Great job!!!!

Thomas

Ace Gant
    Participant

Hy,

some questions Ideas for cleaning 🙂

Would it be possible to keep fields empty ?

For example if i use the apps there are 6 possible apps to use but if i got only 3 the plus’s is always there so if i’m in a hurry 😂 i pull not the app just the plus and 😂

Invisible for unused place is maybe better to understand.

Also on the home screen:

If i just wanna use left the map and right the apps i wanna hide the other … if a side is not filed it’s Invisible 👍

Navigation :

will there be an option to search by name:

For example im at home and want to go to a village ( type the name ) an in a perfect world get an point to point offroad 🙂 ( i know it will be able in a couple of days )

Murphyau
    Participant

If I select Navigation Mode, I am asked if I want to use DMD2 or an External App, and if I select External App, Google Maps is automatically loaded.

Is there a menu item or process where I can set which External App I want to use (instead of Google Maps) ??

For the record, I have DMD2 2.995 on a Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 running Andriod 11.

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John

Installed 2.996

System Crashes multiple Times. Dont know the reason

What IS New. Did Not find the map language Option.

Poi search es are now incredible fast. Very good

harupipapa
    Participant

Hello
    I want you to be able to adjust the total distance and partial distance with the + and – buttons in Roadbook mode.
    it’s on the screen.
    It is best to select total or partial in the setting and set display / non-display.

It can be used when the remote control fails.
    Entering numbers is impractical during a real rally.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by harupipapa.
    BJHawker
    Participant

Hi, old DMD2 user I wanted to try the new version. Unfortunately I don’t have any navigation icon (Just OBD, apps, settings, exit and roadbook). I installed this version on a Galaxy Tab3 with landscape format.

Did I miss something?

bmacw
    Participant

I have an AJP PR7 with the OEM Samsung tablet that comes with a fully licensed version of DMD2.

After I installed the Beta, I lost the license. I’m not sure what mechanism was used on the OEM AJP tablet to recognize the license (I was always able to update the app directly from the app-store). Is there a way for me to reactivate that and gain full functionality to the beta? At this point, I’m also not confident simply reinstall the non-beta version would get my license back.

Thanks

heeler
    Participant

Same thing for me, I reinstalled non beta and that worked but then returned to beta again and the same thing… annoying 🙂

have tried several times and had to download maps each time, I’m sure a fix is on the way.

Dan

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hy, some questions Ideas for cleaning Would it be possible to keep fields empty ? For example if i use the apps there are 6 possible apps to use but if i got only 3 the plus’s is always there so if i’m in a hurry i pull not the app just the plus and Invisible for unused place is maybe better to understand. Also on the home screen: If i just wanna use left the map and right the apps i wanna hide the other … if a side is not filed it’s Invisible Navigation : will there be an option to search by name: For example im at home and want to go to a village ( type the name ) an in a perfect world get an point to point offroad ( i know it will be able in a couple of days )

There is much work to do on the home and widgets, but for now a bit more focused on the map, after that we will resume work on the home.

You can already search a village by name since you can go to POI and there there is even a category called “Cities, Towns and Villages”, you can use the “Type Name” button for that.
    For point to point, you can long press anywhere on the map to a dialog will show, there you can select “navigate”, although no offroad profile is available yet, coming soon….

If I select Navigation Mode, I am asked if I want to use DMD2 or an External App, and if I select External App, Google Maps is automatically loaded. Is there a menu item or process where I can set which External App I want to use (instead of Google Maps) ?? For the record, I have DMD2 2.995 on a Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 running Andriod 11.

Thats actually not related to DMD2, thats just how Android works, a dialog will show if you have multiple navigation apps installed AND you dont have one set by default, if you indeed have multiple apps and you want the dialog to show again just clear the app defaults in the Android settings > Applications.

Hello John Installed 2.996 System Crashes multiple Times. Dont know the reason What IS New. Did Not find the map language Option. Poi search es are now incredible fast. Very good

Im looking at the logs available in the Play Store to try to see what can cause the crash, no one else reporting that either. Does it crash while doing something specific?

Hello I want you to be able to adjust the total distance and partial distance with the + and – buttons in Roadbook mode. it’s on the screen. It is best to select total or partial in the setting and set display / non-display. It can be used when the remote control fails. Entering numbers is impractical during a real rally.

You want me to add a plus and minus buttons in the dialog or in the actually Roadbook layout?

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 10 posts - 231 through 240 (of 845 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.