Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 908 total)
  • Author
    Ejj75
    Participant

Beta 2.95 + Samsung Active 3 + ODBLink LX + Yamaha Tracer 9 GT

ODB link connection issue showed up again with version 2.95.

ODBLink in sleep mode
    Wake up Samsung and DMD2
    Switch ignition on => ODB reading in stuck, RPM 4163

Reboot DMD2 application / Reboot whole Tablet if DMD2 is default launcher => ODB reading start working.

Ejj75
    Participant

I want report another ODBLink LX / DMD2 connection stuck issue.

Beta 2.95 + ODBlink LX + Yamaha Tracer 9 GT + Samsung Active 3 + DMD2 default launcher.

OBDlink LX can be in sleep or wake mode.
    The motorcycle is turned off.
    Samsung is put into standby mode / screen off.

Start motorcycle and Samsung.
    The DMD2 bluetooth icon remains red and values are stuck (see photo below).
    Samsung own settings shows that ODBLink is paired.
    DMD2 and ODBLink BT do not connect.
    Re-pairing ODBlink/Samsung does not solve connection problem.
    Only Samsung reboot will connect ODBlink and DMD2.

The same happens if DMD2 is not the default launcher. Then BT reconnection can be done by restart the DMD2 application.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Ejj75.
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

I’m on 2.95 and Carpe Iter. I have a little issue with maps, perhaps it is me, but I need your help. When I open a map (eg Morocco), I can clearly see the main roads; if I zoom in a bit, they totally disappear, only many minor tracks are present, and it is impossible to use the map (IMO, this should not happen); if I zoom in much further, some provincial roads reappear (R and N roads), but by then we lost the complete picture and it is hardly usable. It is very confusing. Is it just me? What am I doing wrong?

Nop thats not the correct behaviour, stuff disappear when you zoom OUT and not when you zoom in.
    If any road disappears when you zoom IN then something is wrong with your map, probably that was an incomplete map download, try delete it and download again.
    If it still happens please make a video so i can try to reproduce it myself.

I really struggled to see the map with the beta. The dark mode has dark silver roads on a black background, and the light mode has off-white roads in a white background. It’s almost impossible to use. And if you zoom out everything but the highway markers disappears. On a positive note tracks are easy to import and show up neon green. Super easy to see and follow. Can’t tell what road I’m on, but I know which way to turn! One other thing, where is the settings for the tablet to automatically turn itself back on when power is applied? It turns off right now when I turn off the bike, which is great. But it doesn’t turn back on when I start to bike.

I assume you have a CARPE Tab? If so the power options can be found in CARPE Manager app – Power & Charge.

Regular map is not intended for pathfinding, its mostly a Google Maps style clone for those who enjoy that type of “clean map”, you should probably try the Topo / Offroad map, to change the map type to to Layers Manager (The last round icon from the top left icons in the map view), then look for “Map Type”.
    The Topo map also includes a good deal of adjustment.

I want report another ODBLink LX / DMD2 connection stuck issue. Beta 2.95 + ODBlink LX + Yamaha Tracer 9 GT + Samsung Active 3 + DMD2 default launcher. OBDlink LX can be in sleep or wake mode. The motorcycle is turned off. Samsung is put into standby mode / screen off. Start motorcycle and Samsung. The DMD2 bluetooth icon remains red and values are stuck (see photo below). Samsung own settings shows that ODBLink is paired. DMD2 and ODBLink BT do not connect. Re-pairing ODBlink/Samsung does not solve connection problem. Only Samsung reboot will connect ODBlink and DMD2. The same happens if DMD2 is not the default launcher. Then BT reconnection can be done by restart the DMD2 application.

When you say that the Samsung tab is in “sleep mode” is it in sleep mode with DMD2 running (either in the background or foreground)?

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Ejj75
    Participant

When you say that the Samsung tab is in “sleep mode” is it in sleep mode with DMD2 running (either in the background or foreground)?

DMD2 is set as default launcher. It is on screen, push to side key and Tablet enter to sleep mode. At least display shut down. I do not know what else Samsung does. When I push side key again Samsung wakes up and DMD2 launcher works expect DMD2 BT connection with ODB lx.

User manual: Power key (or Side key) – The power/side key powers the Tab Active on and off. In addition, the user can tap the button to enter Awake/Sleep mode.

More info after tablet wake up:

The voltage value (e.g. 11.9V) is immediately displayed and the BT indicator is red (in failing case). When the connection is successful, the first voltage value is initially zero, and the reading becomes correct when the BT indicator turns blue.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

When you say that the Samsung tab is in “sleep mode” is it in sleep mode with DMD2 running (either in the background or foreground)? DMD2 is set as default launcher. It is on screen, push to side key and Tablet enter to sleep mode. At least display shut down. I do not know what else Samsung does. When I push side key again Samsung wakes up and DMD2 launcher works expect DMD2 BT connection with ODB lx. User manual: Power key (or Side key) – The power/side key powers the Tab Active on and off. In addition, the user can tap the button to enter Awake/Sleep mode. More info after tablet wake up: The voltage value (e.g. 11.9V) is immediately displayed and the BT indicator is red (in failing case). When the connection is successful, the first voltage value is initially zero, and the reading becomes correct when the BT indicator turns blue.

Seems like Samsung is killing the OBD Service in a not so good way. Will try to reproduce this.

Version 2.96
    – Map Long Press dialog now also shows straight line distance to point
    – Increased font size for map widgets and some dialog lists
    – Fixed the case where downloaded maps would get deleted
    – Fixed a bug where hiding the map widgets would crash the app
    – Improved database close

Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John I am now in 2.96 tested IT on Xiaomi 11t pro and in Carpe Iter.

Still faulty Poi search.I waited for more than a minute without getting any  result. This IS true for all categories

Music Widget I am still not able to start or Stop music only the call of the music Player works as Long as IT IS Not running. When its running only louder or opposite works

Paraendurist
    Participant

Map Download  Server does Not Work.

How to implement the weather call? News help

Paraendurist
    Participant

Update of the POI Search Bug in 2.96 I tried IT today again and let IT Go as Long does IT Take. After an Update of the German Map and the search the answer of the search needed 13 Minutes on my Xiaomi 11t pro. I dont think this is acceptable. On my Carpe Iter IT would bei Impossible to wait for an answer.

mp_
    Participant

Update of the POI Search Bug in 2.96 I tried IT today again and let IT Go as Long does IT Take. After an Update of the German Map and the search the answer of the search needed 13 Minutes on my Xiaomi 11t pro. I dont think this is acceptable. On my Carpe Iter IT would bei Impossible to wait for an answer.

I’ve tested every POI and I found that the ones that are slow are:

restaurant, coffees pubs & bar = 45sec

shop & market = 1.49min

comparing to your video demonstration of the POIs, mine way to slow.

xiaomi redmi note 10s

dmd v.2.96

João Pereira
    Keymaster

I’ve tested every POI and I found that the ones that are slow are: restaurant, coffees pubs & bar = 45sec shop & market = 1.49min comparing to your video demonstration of the POIs, mine way to slow. xiaomi redmi note 10s dmd v.2.96

First thing I would say is do you have a valid location loc when you start searching? I think im changing the code because when you do not it does a full search (full country), and that is indeed probably too much.
    How many maps have you guys downloaded?

Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.