Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 872 total)
  • Author
    mp_
    Participant

mp_ wrote:

I’ve tested every POI and I found that the ones that are slow are: restaurant, coffees pubs & bar = 45sec shop & market = 1.49min comparing to your video demonstration of the POIs, mine way to slow. xiaomi redmi note 10s dmd v.2.96

First thing I would say is do you have a valid location loc when you start searching? I think im changing the code because when you do not it does a full search (full country), and that is indeed probably too much. How many maps have you guys downloaded?

I’ve downloaded 4 maps but only one is loaded. What do you mean by a valid location, if you mean that the gps is on the right location then yes. When the POIs search is finish I can see that the stores are in the right distance from my point on the map.

Paraendurist
    Participant

HelloJohn, Yes I had a valid Location lock. Wouldnt IT be an Idea to have the possibility to search lets say 10 or 20 km around my Location or alternatinely following my track.

Joao Pereira
    Keymaster

mp_ wrote:

I’ve tested every POI and I found that the ones that are slow are: restaurant, coffees pubs & bar = 45sec shop & market = 1.49min comparing to your video demonstration of the POIs, mine way to slow. xiaomi redmi note 10s dmd v.2.96

First thing I would say is do you have a valid location loc when you start searching? I think im changing the code because when you do not it does a full search (full country), and that is indeed probably too much. How many maps have you guys downloaded?

I’ve downloaded 4 maps but only one is loaded. What do you mean by a valid location, if you mean that the gps is on the right location then yes. When the POIs search is finish I can see that the stores are in the right distance from my point on the map.

HelloJohn, Yes I had a valid Location lock. Wouldnt IT be an Idea to have the possibility to search lets say 10 or 20 km around my Location or alternatinely following my track.

For next update the speed for search should at least 3x faster, please wait for next version to test!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

jesper
    Participant

Hi John

First of all – the new design and functionality in the beta are great! This app is awesome!

Unfortunately I haven’t tried the beta on the road yet, I would humbly like to propose a couple of feature and design suggestions.

For the record, I’m on version 2.97

System widgets:
    – Move the edit/change widget button from the home screen to the home screen settings. This will make it look more OEM/integrated.
    – Make it possible to rename the title from “EXTERNAL WIDGET” to what the user wants or just remove the titles all together (this will help with reclaim vertical space, as I go into further down).
    – Make second version of the “System Widget” widget where you can have widgets in a grid, like the “Apps” widget. This will be great with Home Assistant widgets (for opening garage doors etc.).

OBD Speed:
    – Add an ODB Speed widget, just like the GPS Speed widget. (I live in Norway, and we have lots of tunnels)

Clock widget:
    – The clock moves horizontally based on the numbers it displays. Would be nice if the location was stationary.

Overall design:
    – Try to reclaim some vertical space to use for the outer widgets (left and right one). This will be very helpful for the map/nav when you use the device in landscape. The new design looks great!
    Some ideas to accomplish this:
    1. Remove the dots that indicate which of the pages you are on. Are they really needed? The arrows on the top are greyed out when you reach the end anyway. There are only three pages, so you would now where you are based on which arrows are highlighted. Or if they are needed, make them appear on top of the widget at the bottom.
    2. Reduce padding.
    3. Maybe centralise the top status bar. By removing the date and time (it’s hard to read unless you have a really large display, and you can have it as an widget anyway), removing the text from the battery indicator and make it colour coded, or removing it completely, then move the remaining items in towards the centre and make the outer widget tiles stretch all the way to the top.
    4. Remove the status texts from the icons in the status bar (same reason as above, hard to read)
    5. Remove the black background from the titles, so you don’t need as much vertical padding.
    If you think the suggestions regarding the top status bar are too drastic, maybe make two or three versions of it, so the user can change between a compact and narrow one, a wide and verbose one or just the DMD logo in the middle. I think a lot of riders have their device plugged in a charger most of the time, so they are not too worried about the battery level.
    Nitpicking points:
    – Use the same design and icon on all the settings gears on the different menus and pages. And maybe a standard location and size if possible. Or just tap and hold if that’s not too hard unintuitive for people. Would be cool if the DMD logo opened a drop down menu, where you could select settings for the screen you are on as well as global settings (this way you could add the option to remove global settings from the Bottom Menu).
    – Overall less shading or preferably none at all. This will reclaim more area and look better I think. The Map screen looks the best i think.
    – Generally try to be consistent with the design, sizing, naming and font use of all sub menus and buttons. Like Exit vs Back vs Cancel vs Close. (To me “Exit” is associated with the exiting of an entire app).

I really appreciate the effort you put in to this. I know it’s kind of a niche market and I wish you all the best!

Let me know if I can help!

Best regards
    Jesper

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by jesper.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by jesper.
    Ejj75
    Participant

Nice to have feature proposal: The fuel mileage could be reset in any screen (for example, long press in home or map screen). Now you have to go to the ODB menu to reset.

small.wheel4477
    Participant

Hi! Are there any plans where should be Track Recording function available?

Abyss79
    Participant

Hi Guys, nice work it\s grate to partecipate to the beta release….

Just a question, in GPX there is the way to see the distance to the next waypoint? 1 or 2 next and up the the end.

There was in previous version and was very usefull.

Cheers

Abyss79
    Participant

Today first test on street, I have a Lenove M7 tablet and I notice that with Bluetooth active the app cant get GPS information, if a switch off  Bluetooth DMD2 start to get GPS postion.

Is very clear using the GPS debug… when Bluetooth  is on everithing in 0.00 if you switch off then the GPS information came out…

I activate the Bluetooth  becouse I wes tring to get information from ODB2….

Hope can help…. if you need more information let me know!

Joao Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi! Are there any plans where should be Track Recording function available?

Yes absolutely this feature will be returning better than ever.

Nice to have feature proposal: The fuel mileage could be reset in any screen (for example, long press in home or map screen). Now you have to go to the ODB menu to reset.

Agree this will be implemented as soon as I can.

Hi Guys, nice work it\s grate to partecipate to the beta release…. Just a question, in GPX there is the way to see the distance to the next waypoint? 1 or 2 next and up the the end. There was in previous version and was very usefull. Cheers

On next update yes, for now only clicking on the track will give distances and stuff.

Here is what you will have on the next update:

– Track Progress
    – Automatically load up to 3 POI categories along the track and view real-time distance to them while you ride
    – Distance to next waypoint and heading (arrow) to it

Joao Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi John First of all – the new design and functionality in the beta are great! This app is awesome! Unfortunately I haven’t tried the beta on the road yet, I would humbly like to propose a couple of feature and design suggestions. For the record, I’m on version 2.97 System widgets: – Move the edit/change widget button from the home screen to the home screen settings. This will make it look more OEM/integrated. – Make it possible to rename the title from “EXTERNAL WIDGET” to what the user wants or just remove the titles all together (this will help with reclaim vertical space, as I go into further down). – Make second version of the “System Widget” widget where you can have widgets in a grid, like the “Apps” widget. This will be great with Home Assistant widgets (for opening garage doors etc.). OBD Speed: – Add an ODB Speed widget, just like the GPS Speed widget. (I live in Norway, and we have lots of tunnels) Clock widget: – The clock moves horizontally based on the numbers it displays. Would be nice if the location was stationary. Overall design: – Try to reclaim some vertical space to use for the outer widgets (left and right one). This will be very helpful for the map/nav when you use the device in landscape. The new design looks great! Some ideas to accomplish this: 1. Remove the dots that indicate which of the pages you are on. Are they really needed? The arrows on the top are greyed out when you reach the end anyway. There are only three pages, so you would now where you are based on which arrows are highlighted. Or if they are needed, make them appear on top of the widget at the bottom. 2. Reduce padding. 3. Maybe centralise the top status bar. By removing the date and time (it’s hard to read unless you have a really large display, and you can have it as an widget anyway), removing the text from the battery indicator and make it colour coded, or removing it completely, then move the remaining items in towards the centre and make the outer widget tiles stretch all the way to the top. 4. Remove the status texts from the icons in the status bar (same reason as above, hard to read) 5. Remove the black background from the titles, so you don’t need as much vertical padding. If you think the suggestions regarding the top status bar are too drastic, maybe make two or three versions of it, so the user can change between a compact and narrow one, a wide and verbose one or just the DMD logo in the middle. I think a lot of riders have their device plugged in a charger most of the time, so they are not too worried about the battery level. Nitpicking points: – Use the same design and icon on all the settings gears on the different menus and pages. And maybe a standard location and size if possible. Or just tap and hold if that’s not too hard unintuitive for people. Would be cool if the DMD logo opened a drop down menu, where you could select settings for the screen you are on as well as global settings (this way you could add the option to remove global settings from the Bottom Menu). – Overall less shading or preferably none at all. This will reclaim more area and look better I think. The Map screen looks the best i think. – Generally try to be consistent with the design, sizing, naming and font use of all sub menus and buttons. Like Exit vs Back vs Cancel vs Close. (To me “Exit” is associated with the exiting of an entire app). I really appreciate the effort you put in to this. I know it’s kind of a niche market and I wish you all the best! Let me know if I can help! Best regards Jesper

Holly crap!
    That is a lot of valid points, will start writing them down as I reckon there are very good suggestions here!
    Quick question, are you testing it on a tablet or phone?

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 872 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.