Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 908 total)
  • Author
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi John, In the map overlays you have the option of highlighting poi icons on lower zoom levels. You can high light like pubs, camping, restaurants, etc… The option of a gas station is missing. On a trip for me fuel, food and sleep are most important :-). Would be nice to see where gas stations are when seeing an overview of the track for the day. Greetings Richard

Gas Station and peaks are enabled by default. But please notice its still requires some level of zoom, if you zoom out too much they will also disappear, there is no way to handle all that map data on lower zoom outs, if we keep increasing those the map will soon be VERY slow.

Hello John No the multiple Listings are still there in 2.93. ibteied about half of the Options allways 3 fold displayed Poi in one Option 6 times I am using a Carpe Iter newest version which IS on Android 9 I use the integrated music Player and Player pro both of them dont Change title fw or Bw and dont stop with the widget

The version I was talking about is actually 2.94 which is live now.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hi John the Triple indication of Poi in search IS still there in 2.94, the Same IS true for the non functioning music Widget IT does still Not Work     regards

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John I am now in 2.94 I tested all the POI Buttons. All of them give Back 3 Times the found Poi. Only Bike repair and Auto repair give the search Back sixfold. I Hope this helps

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Beta 2.95:
    – New map long press action menu
    – Probably fixed duplicate POIs listing
    – Other UI improvements for Phone / Tablet

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John  Now the POI Search does Not Work any more at all. I Run 2 Times a search in Gas Stations IT Run  2 Times for 10 minutes without any result. Same with Restaurants

Paraendurist
    Participant

Hello John tested the Long press on Maps. IT jumps to an wen based App openweather. I would Like to bei able to chose a Programm installed on my Phone for weather. Like in navigation. The Open weather IS Not very userfriendly because You News multiple clicksbto get to any information. Your Idea IS good to make weather available un Maps. My Favoriten choice would bee to have an overlay of a weather Radar above the map. Regards

Paraendurist
    Participant

Music Player Widget does Not Work. IT calls the App IT does Not Stop, IT does No Forward or Backward command IT does loudness You cant call the App a second time to exit

Bibo
    Participant

I am on 2.95.

I have an issue with maps, probably it is me, but I need your help.

When I open a map, I see the major roads (for ex., Morocco); if I zoom in a bit, I loose all references to those roads and only very minor tracks are visible; only if I zoom in further (a lot), I start seeing the provincial roads again but it is impossible to make any planning. I am confused, is this normal?!

(I will try to attach some pics)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Bibo.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by João Pereira.
    Bibo
    Participant

I’m on 2.95 and Carpe Iter.

I have a little issue with maps, perhaps it is me, but I need your help.

When I open a map (eg Morocco), I can clearly see the main roads; if I zoom in a bit, they totally disappear, only many minor tracks are present, and it is impossible to use the map (IMO, this should not happen); if I zoom in much further, some provincial roads reappear (R and N roads), but by then we lost the complete picture and it is hardly usable. It is very confusing.

Is it just me? What am I doing wrong?

fwbulldog
    Participant

I really struggled to see the map with the beta.  The dark mode has dark silver roads on a black background, and the light mode has off-white roads in a white background.   It’s almost impossible to use.  And if you zoom out everything but the highway markers disappears.

On a positive note tracks are easy to import and show up neon green.  Super easy to see and follow.   Can’t tell what road I’m on, but I know which way to turn!

One other thing, where is the settings for the tablet to automatically turn itself back on when power is applied? It turns off right now when I turn off the bike, which is great. But it doesn’t turn back on when I start to bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.