Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    sejtam
    Participant

Doesn’t the arrow button (switching the view) also center?  I do wish those function were separate, one to move the display to the local position. and one to switch between views (3d, north up, etc)

Bibo
    Participant

Using beta 2.84 for 1st time, as my primary interest is in Africa navigation, I noticed that many country maps are still missing. After an initial review: Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Benin, (maybe the last 3 are under West Africa), South Sudan, Sudan and surprisingly Egypt. Furthermore, after checking Morocco+Mauritania, I noticed that the town names are in Western name/Greek/Arabic, but prevalently Arabic. It is very confusing. There should be an option in Setting for choosing, e.g. “Western only”. I also tried to select Off Road Topo in Map Style, but nothing changes in the layout with or without Reset.

I am absolutely sure all maps are included but maybe some countries are bundled together, I will check and correct names. Choosing map language is already in the todo list, will try to fix that!

I managed to download beta 2.88 on the Carpe Iter.

For Morocco and Mauritania the names are still in Western name/Greek/Arabic. Did you change anything yet on that regard?

Tomppa65
    Participant

I just returned from a Rally, tested various applications on my Samsung Active Tab3.Some on the way to the rally and some on the way back or while riding into and out of town for supplies, in all cases open sunny sky and clear sattelite visibility, (no canyon effect) and following notes DMD2: In map mode the map “jumps” and does not scroll smoothly, as if the gps location fix is only every 10-20 seconds. In map mode the location of the vehicle on the map often drifts off, the road will curve left but the vehicle does not, correcting itself up to 1 minute later. after 30 minutes or so, crash notes from Android that “ONE Home UI has crashed” Here We Go : None of the above behaviours. TomTom Go : None of the above behaviours. BMW Connected App: None of the above behaviours. ExplorOz Traveller: None of the above behaviours. OSMaND: None of the above behaviours. Have decided that for now ExplorOz Traveller is best app for getting around with. Any news on when we will be getting new map layers and imagery etc?

Im sorry to tell you but that is actually an issue with the Active Tab… the GPS precision regarding altitude/speed/bearing is bad, or possibly badly reported. For now you can go to the Global Settings (the cog wheel in the bottom menu), scroll down and enable “Lower GPS Accuracy Filter” that should fix it for you. The mentioned fix was introduced in version 2.89 update.

Tried the 2.89 with the new option. Still same behavior. Only works when car gets certain bumps. Normal roads no map movement and if app “wakes up” huge jumps of the map. This happens not with other applications.

Regards

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Tomppa65.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Tomppa65.
    sejtam
    Participant

2.89 still shows no lightning to indicate charging. S22+ Android 13

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Tried the 2.89 with the new option. Still same behavior. Only works when car gets certain bumps. Normal roads no map movement and if app “wakes up” huge jumps of the map. This happens not with other applications. Regards

This is solved for next update, we will no longer rely on accelerometer since some devices seems to not work correctly.

Can you share a screenshot of the screen? Just tested on S22 Ultra Android 13, charging indicator is there in the top bar as always was.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Ejj75
    Participant

2.89 Samsung Active tab 3 ODBLinkLX

No more this connection/stuck issue.

“Wake up Samsung Tab and DMD2 is on the screen. ODBlink wakes up automatically and BT connection seems to be ok. Switch ignition on, start engine. RMP shows 4163, voltage 0.0, coolant 25c, throtle 25%. Values ​​are every time same and stuck, no change.”

If I try to change Android External Widget it crashes DMD2.

Tomppa65
    Participant

Hello, album in mediaplayer not shown and I can not stop music (VLC). I can skip forward and backwards. Volume can be changed also.

Redmi Note 11 and 2.89

Regards

Thomas

sejtam
    Participant

Can you share a screenshot of the screen? Just tested on S22 Ultra Android 13, charging indicator is there in the top bar as always was.

Actually. it does show the lightning when charging via USB-C, but not when charging wirelessly (I have the Quadlock wireless charger)

Bibo
    Participant

2.89 here on Carpe Iter Pad

Is it possible to load a GPX from an external source like GoogleDrive directly? Or does it always have to be downloaded separetly and then load it from internal drive?

marius.mihasan
    Participant

2.89  No more this connection/stuck issue. “Wake up Samsung Tab and DMD2 is on the screen. ODBlink wakes up automatically and BT connection seems to be ok. Switch ignition on, start engine. RMP shows 4163, voltage 0.0, coolant 25c, throtle 25%. Values ​​are every time same and stuck, no change.” If I try to change Android External Widget it crashes DMD2.

Same issue on my no-name Chinese obd dongle. It can connect to the dongle, but its stuck at exactly the same values – RPM shows 4163, voltage 0.0, coolant 25c, throtle 25%.

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 874 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.