Tagged: #Beta #Map and track issues
11 May 2023 at 9:59 am #1800
Same problem here. DMD2 (2.99904) worked fine when I was setting up my OBD2 dongle connection this afternoon. Now, some 3 hours later, it crashed within 10 seconds of opening.
Same to me: DMD2 Beta on a Carpe Iter crashed constantly. Went back to production version…
Me too on my Lenovo M7 Tab. yesterday evening was OK, This morning once you click the icon it crash…. Whats happend? Christian I try also with my phone and got the same problem, deleting casch data or reinstall the beta app from zero is not a solution, same error!
yep…same thing…on mobile Samsung Note20 Ultra & on Carpe Iter…just crashes when try to open…yesterday working fine when navigating thru town…
There was a map size returning “null” from the server and causing a crash when DMD2 started (because DMD2 checks for map updates on start).
This is now fixed on server side and corrected the code in DMD2 so that it does not happen again! Really sorry for this.
– Fixed a bug for devices who support removable SD Card write (DMD-T865 and DMD-T665) where files over 2.15Gb were not being correctly stored in the card
– DMD2 will now support any controller – requires correct implementation – more info soon
– Many topo map style improvements (check map legend)
– Topo map “tracks” will now display its name if available
– Many map render improvements
– Satellite map tile will now only show actual image and not roads and other legends (reducing data requests)
– Increased the pop-up notifications size
– Track Progress box will now NOT show the track name in the top (more UI improvements coming soon)
– Fixed a case where the server API for the map data could return null and crash DMD
– Fixed several cases where the user could recast dialogs before cleaning the previous and causing a crash in the process11 May 2023 at 10:35 am #1801MurphyauParticipant
I have OBD2 working and most of the information is correct (rpm, voltage, coolant temp ) but Fuel shows 6% when the fuel tank is 94% full (18L actual fuel / 19L total fuel tank capacity).
I know that I can override the ECU reading using “average” fuel usage, but I would prefer “real” numbers. I mean, traveling for 200 km into a headwind will give you significantly different fuel range than if you travel 200km with a tail wind.
Is there a menu option to “flip” the Fuel display so that the ECU value of 6% shows up as 94% on DMD2 ??14 May 2023 at 7:53 am #1821ParaenduristParticipant
Sorry found a New Bug in 2.99906 in the map Page.When You Go Info the search for Gas or accomodation or Others and Change your search after the second consecutive search to a different Point You get the results for the second search again.The First and the second search Bring correct results and the third and Further ones fail.14 May 2023 at 8:37 am #1822ParaenduristParticipant
I tested the POI Search Further.When I Type Shell and do a search dmd2 Crashes. Version 2.99906 I tested IT 4 Times14 May 2023 at 10:31 am #1823Tomppa65Participant
I tried to search a city. I was looking for Helsinki as I am living in Finland. Helsinki cant be found in POI search for Towns etc. it says: Error, no POI’s found.
Thomas15 May 2023 at 1:51 pm #1825Ejj75Participant
DMD2 beta 2.99906, Tablet Samsung active 3, home screen with a map view in a small window.
If you example receive a call and end it, the map will no longer follow where you are moving. Even if you visit the large map view and return back to the home screen, the map does not move along with the drive. You need to restart DMD2 for the small Map view to move.16 May 2023 at 8:16 am #1829jesperParticipant
I bought a DMD2 licence for devices without Play Store, because I will possibly be moving to a device without Play Store in the future. I’m using the downloaded APK and not the Play Store version, but it was not possible to activate the license unless I deactivated Google Play Services. When I reactivated the Google Play Services again, the DMD2 the “Buy Plugin” box reappears and when I deactivate the Play Services, the box is gone again.
I understand that directing users to buy the license outside the Play Store is probably against Googles terms, and compiling two different version (one for Play Store and one for the website) is also hassle. But is it possible to change the code, so DMD2 recognizes an activated license even though Play Services are activated?
Also i notised when I tested a HID keyboard with DMD2, it requires three button presses on the arrow key to switch between widgets on the right when the left widget is in focus and vice versa. Is there a reason for this?
Couldn’t it be that when the left widget is in focus, as soon as you press KEYCODE_DPAD_UP or KEYCODE_DPAD_DOWN, it goes to the previous or the next widget page? And the same the other way around when the right widget is active.
Jesper16 May 2023 at 11:48 am #1832
Beta 2.99906 – 2.99907:
– You can now tap over a calculated route to get the route actions dialog
– Fixed a bug in the GPX Manager Dialog where minimising / maximising while no GPX file was loaded would show the interface buttons
– Fixed a bug with map widgets where the lock would not allow to change widgets after lock / unlock
– Made the map lock also disable touch by default (still available as a settings in the map settings)
– Fixed a bug where the follow location state was being lost
– Added a special free 30 day trial for Tripltek T93 devices (for DMD2-Edition versions sold by Thork Racing you get a lifetime license key)16 May 2023 at 12:25 pm #1833
Hello John Sorry found a New Bug in 2.99906 in the map Page.When You Go Info the search for Gas or accomodation or Others and Change your search after the second consecutive search to a different Point You get the results for the second search again.The First and the second search Bring correct results and the third and Further ones fail.
Found it true, fixed for next update!
Thank you for reporting!16 May 2023 at 12:31 pm #1834
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.