Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 845 total)
  • Author
    mp_
    Participant

Sometimes the control buttons are disapearing after change to an app and Go back to dmd2.

This is happening to me occasionally (xiaomi redmi note 10s), what phone/tablet do you have?

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Sometimes the control buttons are disapearing after change to an app and Go back to dmd2.

We are aware of this, im trying to get a device where this happens so I can try to reproduce.

And I am confused about the beta. when I click a point on the map and select ‘navigate’ it asks me what external navigation app I wan t to use. a) it doesn’t offer me Calimoto as an option (just Waze, OsmAnd, Komoot and Locus in addition to Google). And if I select Waze, that takes over the whole screen. How is that helpful? I thought DMD2 would have its own routing, or allow showing whatever routing app in a window (which would then not need a DMD owned map)?

We already have turn by turn but we have not released it yet, we are working on user interface, it will soon be available.

Hello, just tried it in car. Gps accuracy was good. Map is sometimes not moving and then jumps to the current location. Trip speed average is 150 km/h but real speed is never over 85 km/h due to the speed limit in Finland. Can imagine that this behaviour on a track is irritating. regards Thomas version 2.86 blackview bv5200 pro android 12

This is better on version 2.87, and should be even better on 2.88 when it comes out (later today).

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

krede99
    Participant

DMD2Beta and Adventure Controller.

No updates available in Play store and no updates in the controller software.

I am missing the HUD display when pressing and holding + button.

Is this related to DMD2Beta or some other issue?

/Christian

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by krede99.
    johnkeel
    Keymaster

DMD2Beta and Adventure Controller. No updates available in Play store and no updates in the controller software. I am missing the HUD display when pressing and holding + button. Is this related to DMD2Beta or some other issue? /Christian

Yes in order to allow button repeat (much requested) for DMD2 app we removed the HUD, but all features of the HUB will be back inside DMD2.

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Version 2.88 (16/02/2023)
    – Improved map animation
    – Fixed a bug where sometimes the map would spin while riding
    – New Map View options screen
    – Added map option for auto zoom and auto tilt

rak
    Participant

Manual downloadlink is still installing 2.87. Looking forward to the update. Thanks.

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Manual downloadlink is still installing 2.87. Looking forward to the update. Thanks.

Im 100% sure it is updated, just double checked, if it is not updating it might be because of the added REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES permission which we added for the auto update feature.
    If thats the case you might need to uninstall first, but should be the last time you need to uninstall first…

rak
    Participant

I did uninstall first. Installed fresh. Was 2.87. I started DMD2, it asked for update. I confirmed. Went into Settings … version still 2.87. I guess it is 2.88 now, but showing wrong/old version number?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by rak.
    fwbulldog
    Participant

NM.  Just did read through the thread and understand now.  To install on my Carpe Iter I had to go to the play store, sign up for beta, uninstall my DMD2 (through the playstore), then install the beta through the playstore.

I understand now this will be done through the Carpe Manager eventually.

2.87 installed.  Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by fwbulldog.
    Bibo
    Participant

Just signed up for the Beta and tried installing from a Carpe tablet. It says “Can’t Install DMD2. Try again and if it still doesn’t work see common ways to fix the problem”. I have plenty of storage space available, and am on my home wifi. Any ideas?

+1

I am having the same problem, but only the Carpe tablet. On my phone I can update to the latest betas.

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 845 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.