johnkeel
Keymaster

Can you tell me the exact dongle model and where I can buy one? Everyone seems to be reporting the OBDLINK is working perfectly, but I would really like to make sure other dongles work just as fine. I will get one and find out whats causing this really fast.

Hm, ist a cheap Chinese dongle. I bought it from here, but it is a Romanian store. Looks identical to some from Alliexpress. I managed to somehow make it display the correct RPM. I have to follow these steps: -all slots for sensors are set to fuel level. Only rpm is displayed. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but did not try another way. -plug the dongle and start the engine; -DMD2 starts and in a few seconds connects to the dongle – the Bluetooth icon in DMD2 turns blue and a fixed value for rpm is shown, always the same value, something like 4xxx. The dongle lights green and the green lights twinkle, as it would communicate/exchange data. – with the engine running I quickly unplug the ODB dongle, the Bluetooth icon in DMD2 turns red, and then plug ODB dongle back in again. The Bluetooth icon in DMD2 turns blue for a few seconds, then red again, then blue, and stays blue. Now the rpm value is displayed properly and responds to the gas pedal. -if I exit DMD2 or restart the android device, I have to redo the whole procedure. I do remember now that also with the old version, the auto-connection to the OBDII dongle does not always work. I was keeping it off, and manually connecting to the dongle (with the old version – engine started, DMD started, Bluetooth icon red, then initiate the connection manually). It might be hence an issue with the autoconnection, so maybe is a good idea to have the same options as in the old version (option to manually initiate the connection, option to turn off auto-connect). Thanks for all the great work.

Version 2.82 (03/02/2023)
– Made some changes in the OBD Service to attempt to keep some slower dongles to fail the autoconnect
– REALLY fixed the issue in map layer manager where it would load different maps than the once selected on the list
– Fixed a bug where Imperial Units were ignored
– Fixed Hillshading API Key issue

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee