Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jerome2710
    Participant

If riding a GS(A), could you share your setup?

I am looking into getting the 6″ phone or 8″ tablet and would like to see how it looks. The tablet seems nice, but it might be a bit too big and obscuring the TFT?

Severian
    Participant

In my case (GSA) 8″ was too big. On the other hand, ca. 6.7″ phone is perfect.

I am using Carpe iter bmw controller. Although it is not perfect integration with DMD2, due to non resolved issues between two companies (real shame!), it is MUCH better solution (in my opinion) than  wonderlinq (too bulky).

I am using Oukitel wp23 phone, although thera are better solutions. Not for the price, though. It is less than 150e, which is important in my case, ’cause I use DMD2 for enduro and hard enduro riding (on other bikes), hence it is important to me to have very inexpensive hw, in case I brake it (and I do 🙂 ).

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Severian.
    jerome2710
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Did you actually try the 8″ or did you figure it would be too big / not inexpensive for you?

Although I do like the 8″ more, with extra information being displayed, I am hesitant if it will not block the TFT or protrude the top of my visor;

Luckily the tablet holder is edgeless, unlike the ConnectedRide cradle. But I’m not fully convinced in buying it, as I feel like it’s quite a gamble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.