João Pereira
Keymaster

Hello John

When we use Speed on the main Screen it means we use gps speed. Because it is GPS Speed we will loose the GPS signal in tunnels. Would it be possible to replace GPS Speed in the Main view with odo speed as soon as the gps signal is lost??This would make the use of the Main Speed much more reliable.

Added to the TODO List.

Today I installed 3.00039 on my device: The foreground service message on exit is really gone :-(. When switching to the device home screen (and not exiting DMD2!), the trip is not incremented and straight lines are drawn… 🙁 🙁 . Also, switching the screen off during DMD trip recording leads to the same problem.
So, that forces us to use DMD2 as start app and NEVER use another app over it that may switch the screen off (like during a phone call…). The only workaround currently is to record the trip with a third party app (like GPX logger recommended by Severian – it works really great! :-)).
John, can’t you explain the Google reviewer / approver that this will cost Google license fees (American companies are usually very sensitive to this…)? This is a huge limitation of functionality of a navigation / trip logging app!! Google has allowed the wished behavior already in DMD1 (which I sometimes still use :-). Why don’t they allow it in DMD2? –> Explain and ask him. May be the forum participants should send him a protest petition…
😉

Probably the best solution really is providing an apk-download outside the google play store, if that discussion still does not help…

I made 3 different videos, made more than 10 appeals, filled a case with Google higher support, spent more than a month on this… always the same result.
The only solution is to move the app to an alternative distribution method…
Im analysing solutions.

Hello

For the Garmin Tread platform that will be a nice feature to have in the setting the possibility to store the maps on the external SD drive. It will be pretty cool when you activate this feature to copy all existing maps to the SD cards and if you desactivate it to recopy the maps from the SD card to the internal storage (data partition).

Best regards

It is already planned.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
Buy Me a Coffee