João Pereira
Keymaster

Hello John this IS much apprechiated because I Had Al Lot of Crashes. Can You pleased Help me with the advanced Button in the gpx Menue? The App ist getting better and better. I have a proposal for the Offroad Route calculation.What I Like best in Locus maps IS the Option track preferences in opposite to Goal preferences.It means If You missed your Route You will bei routed Back in your Route aß soon aß possible.

The advanced button is disabled at the moment because it is under development.
Nice suggestion for the recalculation, I will try to make that an option!

I am not sure if it is a Google thing or a Samsung thing, but on my Samsung J16 phone (Android 5.1.1) there is an option for setting the default app for Navigation, but on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 510 (Android 11) and my Samsung A30 phone (Android 12) there is no longer any menu option to set the default navigation app. I have 3 navigation apps installed ( G/Maps, G/Waze and iGo ). All 3 have permission to access “Location” and all 3 are not set as a “default app”, yet DMD2 sees Maps & Waze (both Google apps), but does not see iGo. This is not a “show stopper” for me as the current DMD2 “in-built” navigation is adequate to get me from Town A to Town B, 150 kms down the highway, and I can switch to a more dedicated navigation app for in-city travel, if needs be.

If iGO does not show up is because the developers forgot to declare in the app manifest that the app can handle a location intent, nothing we can do about that.

As for changing the default map app you can do this in another way, check this: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-change-default-navigation-app/
Basically go to Android Settings > Application > Search for Google Maps and click on it > Click where it says “Set As Default” and then “Clear Defaults”

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee