Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sarge
    Participant

So, I have the latest version 2.77 installed on an Active Tab 2 with a 128Gb SD card. I can down load your maps to the card but cannot open them in DMD2 without the Ap crashing, I just get the message “Ap Stopped Working’

I have the tab clicked in map settings to load maps to SD ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Sarge

João Pereira
    Keymaster

What device are you using?
    Does that mean you cant use the maps view? It crashes as soon as you open the map view?

If so you need to clear DMD2 data or just uninstall and reinstall.
    If you do so, can you please re-check that the crash starts to happen as soon as you set the SD Card as the destination for the maps?

Thanks

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Sarge
    Participant

Thanks for the incredibly quick reply John.

I am using a Samsung Active Tab 2, with the additional 128GB SD card. The issue happens if i save all maps to the card and then run the Ap, it just crashes. I have carried out at least 2 uninstall/reinstalls of the Ap, If I switch off the ‘save maps to sd card’  and then load them to the Tab memory the issue goes away, but i dont have sufficient memory to load what I need !

Sarge

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Thanks for the incredibly quick reply John. I am using a Samsung Active Tab 2, with the additional 128GB SD card. The issue happens if i save all maps to the card and then run the Ap, it just crashes. I have carried out at least 2 uninstall/reinstalls of the Ap, If I switch off the ‘save maps to sd card’ and then load them to the Tab memory the issue goes away, but i dont have sufficient memory to load what I need ! Sarge

What Android version is it running?
    Is the SD Card formatted as “Removable Media” or as “Internal Storage” ?

Sarge
    Participant

Hi John,

Sorry for the late reply.

My device is using Android 7.1.1 and the SD card was formatted for internal storage.

Regards

Sarge

João Pereira
    Keymaster

If it is formatted for internal storage then DMD2 does not have any way to know its an external card.
    When you have it formatted as internal storage you should NOT enable the “Save to SD Card” option, this option was designed only for removable media SD Cards.

Sarge
    Participant

Thank you for the reply John,
    I will re format the card and change the setting.

Best regards

Sarge

lance201
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same hardware,but Android 9. my as card is formatted as normal as card. And dmd will not use the maps if I download it on the sd card. I got a white map only. Do no crash but no use of the maps either. Any solution to that? The active 2 has not enough internal memory…

thx lance

Hello, I have the same hardware,but Android 9. my as card is formatted as normal as card. And dmd will not use the maps if I download it on the sd card. I got a white map only. Do no crash but no use of the maps either. Any solution to that? The active 2 has not enough internal memory… thx lance

I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

voorstad
    Participant

I am having the same issue that in DMD2 (latest beta 2.99922) the option:

—————-

Storage

Set Storage to Removable SD Card

For offline map files and user files

—————-

Is greyed out. OSMAnd has no problem using the SD card (Android 9, SD card added as Removable SD Card).

I need to decide whether I will buy maps from DMD2 or from OSMAnd. Thanks for clarifying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.