Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rüdiger
    Participant

Hello

i bought a Carpe Iter and would like to use the Beta release. When i install it it says that i dont have a license, as far as i know the carpe iter comes with a lifetime license, does this also cover the Beta of DMD2. If yes, how can i obtain a license key?

Best regards

Rüdiger

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

It depends, if you bought it after March 2023 then no, it does not come with a lifetime license.
    Where and when did you bought it?

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Rüdiger
    Participant

I also reached out to the people of Carpe Iter, here i post their reply

Hello,

We have never stated that a DMD2 Beta would be included in the tablet order. Only the DMD2 was preinstalled on your tablet obviously until you attempted to update it to the DMD2 Beta. In fact, the DMD2 Beta is a completely different app that we never provided or had anything to do with. We can not provide any DMD license simply because we don’t have one. You might ask DMD if they would help you.

Best regards,

Team Carpe Iter

João Pereira
    Keymaster

If you bought it after March 2023 then DMD2 should not be installed on the device, even if it is, it will stop working.
    DMD2 Beta and non Beta are the same app, the Beta will soon replace the regular DMD2 version.

Rüdiger
    Participant

i do understand, …. but from my side …..

I licensed DMD2 software for my smartphone last year or the year before, at a time when it was not a subscription but a onetime payment and lifetime license (i remember 70€ for the maps and something for the software).

I liked it very much and thought, well buy the Carpe iter. At that time it said it is coming with a lifetime License for DMD2, it doesnt state it is also valid for the beta nor did it say it is valid for the beta. I bought the Carpe Iter in June, it came with DMD2 pre-installed (as you can see in the message from carpe iter). Now i am in the middle of, what seems to be a disagreement between DMD and Carpe Iter , me as a customer in the middle.

I dont think that i have done something wrong.

Can i migrate my smartphone licenses to the carpe iter to have that officially licensed? i like to support you guys, i am a developer myself, so i know that it is a lot of work that you are doing and i like the result. But i feel like not being handled nicely, sorry.

Sorry for the time you need to invest to help me
    Rüdiger

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Rüdiger.
    Rüdiger
    Participant

So i checked the internet archive and wrote a new mail to the carpe iter team

Dear Carpe Iter Team

I checked on the internet archive and looked at your website as it has been on the 5th of June 2023

<link>

here it is clearly stated that it comes with a lifetime free DMD2 functionality. Please see the attached screenshot.

Unfortunately it seems that your company has to provide a licence for DMD2. The DMD2 tam told me that they will soon replace the DMD2 version and that it will from that moment on stop working on my Carpe Iter.

Best regards

Ruediger

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Rüdiger.
    Rüdiger
    Participant

Rüdiger
    Participant

this is the latest email i received from Carpe Iter…

EMail from Carpe Iter
    ….. Regarding what they told you: At this point you know more than us. They do not communicate with us unfortunately. The last information from early this year is that the preinstalled DMD2 will work until the update to Android 11 (last month) and will never be replaced by the Beta. ….

Rüdiger
    Participant

may I ask the two companies to speak with each other and find a way so your customers do not suffer from the disagreement between you.

Up until now i was really happy wirth both the hardware and the software. But the problem now is really backfiring on both companies.

To keep up communicating is in most cases a good thing.

I would be happy to hear from DMD2 or Carpe Iter how to proceed or what I can do to help.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

If you bought a CARPE ITER Tab before March 2023 you have access to a free license.
    We terminated our partnership with CARPE in February 2023, we asked them to remove DMD2 and to stop saying the device included DMD2 Lifetime License.
    In September they were still selling devices with DMD2 and saying to their costumers to talk with us for licenses.
    CARPE made sales selling hardware with our software, users been using our software in those devices since March, using our work, our resources, while we were paid ZERO for that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.