Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

Has anyone have experience with a Tripltek 8 pro with the motorcycle mount? How robust is the charging port with rain en vibration (riding a single cylinder :-).  The charging port is one of the great pro’s on the CI tablet but I also like the hardware update of the Tripltek.

I also read the tripltek 8 pro has an 5 hz gps, is DMD2 compatible with this implementation (like on the CI tablet)?

Like to read about real life experience, not much to find on Internet about this (unless you like drone flying).

João Pereira
    Keymaster

I will never use any device in my motorcycle that requires it to be charged by USB.
    I have one of those tablets laying around here, really amazing screen and chassis, its really a shame they do not provide other charging options.

As for the faster GPS rate, DMD2 will use any rate provided, although anything above 2hz wont make that much difference to be honest.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

SC-Surfer
    Participant

Hey John,

Just curious why you are opposed to USB charging on a moto?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hey John, Just curious why you are opposed to USB charging on a moto?

They all will die eventually (get loose, break contacts) and its the number one source of water getting inside.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.