Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    badger1200
    Participant

I am in the market for a new Nav device.  I ride mainly on tar and what isn’t clear is whether the 665 has functionality that fully supports road navigation comparable to a traditional GPS.

I am based in the UK where roads go from from traditional non tar by-ways to A/B roads and motorways.

I would prefer a phone style device with additional functionality over a standard gps like the XT.  I also need better route planning and not a fan of phone apps on my iPhone and whilst google maps is OK and has off line maps, it is really only useful for commuting.

Any advice and feedback will be very much appreciated.

many thanks

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by badger1200.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by badger1200.
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

Well I only use Android systems (phone sized or tablet sized) for my navigation.
    A system like the T665 allows you to use any Android app, and rest assured, there are apps for everything.
    For city / road ride I do use Google Maps or Waze, I consider them to be the best, specially when used online due to updated traffic information, radars, easy location and place search, etc

For Off-Road I currently only use DMD2 (which is included obviously), slowly even for road use, when im touring I tend to stay on DMD using the Routing > Road Fun profile. I would say the only thing missing (for now) is the ability to do multi-point route calculation, this is being worked on and should be available in 1 month from now.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.