Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ianm003
    Participant

I am using the DMD2 App on a Samsung Tab Active 2. As the Tab has a small memory capacity I have been moving all apps to the SD card to free up space.

I’ve found that both the DMD2 App and the TET App are not compatible for storing to the SD card, from a bit of research I believe it is down to the App developers to “Allow” this option, and no doubt there maybe technical reasons for not being able to do so.

However, if this option was available it would be very useful especially when downloading maps & tracks from both DMD2 and TET.

Or, have I got this wrong and others have managed to do it?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

TET Tracks are GPX files, they are VERY small.
    DMD2 app is also rather small so the problem is the offline maps. If you format an SD Card as External Storage (Removable Media) you can go to DMD2 map view, push the LEFT Menu, click on Map Options and there an option to store map files on the SD CARD.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

Ianm003
    Participant

Cool, I’ll take a look. Is this also a similar process with the TET tracks?

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Cool, I’ll take a look. Is this also a similar process with the TET tracks?

As i said, the TET Tracks is just a GPX file, it is really small, usually bellow 10Mb…
    What you are concerned is the offline maps that are usually above 1GB.

Buy Me a Coffee

Axel
    Participant

@johnkeel just review this thread as I encountered the same Problem setting up DMD with an external SD card on my Samsung Active 2 tab. I did reformat the SD several times. It does appear in setting not being part of any internal storage. Nevertheless I don’t even see/find an option to store any map on an external storage. Also did also look for the option to enable external storage in general setting but it’s not even there. Attached two screens that show what I do encounter. Please help 🙂

Axel
    Participant

@johnkeel this is the screen were I can’t find the toggle to enable saving data to external. But I believe it should display there. Any thoughts

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello
    We cannot access the SD Card anymore, google changed the way it works and we cannot get the permission for it.
    Only our devices have access to it because our devices do not rely on Google Play Store for DMD2.

Buy Me a Coffee

Koos Boersma
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem. Is this going to be fixed?

Regard Koos

Axel
    Participant

I did change to another unit. Bought a OUKITEL WP23 with enough memory which works perfect for me instead of dealing with the Samsung issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.