Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JimmyTwoBoots
    Participant

Hi,  I’ve been using DMD2 for a while and the only thing I’m missing from the Garmin is the ability to see the speed limit for the road you are currently on.  Especially useful when riding in a different country.

voorstad
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been using DMD2 for a while and the only thing I’m missing from the Garmin is the ability to see the speed limit for the road you are currently on. Especially useful when riding in a different country.

+1

I agree. This was the most important difference, coming from a Garmin.

Oliwally
    Participant

+1

Yes, that would be a fantastic addition, as well have as being able to see a media player on the main map – perhaps in the configurable buttons on the right…..

Well done devs! DMD2 is getting better and better & I love the tutorial videos!

Malik
    Participant

Hi,  I’ve been using DMD2 for a while and the only thing I’m missing from the Garmin is the ability to see the speed limit for the road you are currently on.  Especially useful when riding in a different country.

+1
    A speed limit indicator would be awesome!

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Ahhh yes this is a popular request and indeed it is in the todo list.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

DasMatti
    Participant

+1
    I miss the speed limit info also.
    Would be awesome if we could get this just like in Garmin for example.
    Thanks a lot.

Harley
    Participant

+1
    I miss this function also, the date is in the OSM maps for al i know.
    This would be a great option :

sloth
    Participant

I totally agree, seeing the speed limit along with the actual speed, similar to what Google maps are doing while in navigation mode is a must for me.

Until this is implemented, I’m afraid this app is a no-go for me.

Severian
    Participant

Well, to be fair, dmd2 is primarily  “follow prepared GPX” app for off roading, with some damn cool features in that department & more (roadbook, obd…). Having navigation capabilities is pretty useful add-on, which makes this app even more cool, but there are many, so many 🙂 , better apps if you only need plain on-road navigation… DMD works with them (for instance, as a launcher), not compete with them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.