Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Solleveld
    Participant

Thank you for creating a great product. Adventure controller. I use the function automatic profile mode. Works really well but I have a wish for improvement. I have the phone’s own startscreen launcher. When I go to home from Locus, the adventure controller remains in Locus profile mode. Then I can’t switch between the apps with the controller. I have to open dmd2 and then go to home screen. The desire is for the controller to go back to dmd2 mode when I leave Locus and enter the home screen.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

The easiest way to do that is by setting DMD2 as the default launcher that is for sure, that was the way the whole system was planned.
    Another way to do this (probably) is to first open DMD2 and then only open Locus from inside DMD2, this way if you press Back in the controller (press and hold the bottom button) it will go back to DMD2… I have not tested this and some apps suck at this because when you do “Back” they have a confirmation dialog that ruins the logic.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Solleveld
    Participant

Thank you for answering.

That is my temperery solution (DMD2 launcher). The problem is that I use the phone in my not driving bike life to, and then the DMD2 launcher is not the best for that. I now use Bixby to switch launcher via a 3rd party app but it´s not perfect.

I can´t press back in Locus to go to DMD2 cause Locus profile use longpress bottom button to recalculate route.

An other solution is if I longpress middle bottom and select home. If home where DMD2 instead of my launcher. Or if in longpress middle bottom had an option for DMD2.

Is that an option to set home in lonpressmenu as DMD2?

Or if Locus profile go back to DMD2 profile when leaving Locus?

//Peter

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Thank you for answering. That is my temperery solution (DMD2 launcher). The problem is that I use the phone in my not driving bike life to, and then the DMD2 launcher is not the best for that. I now use Bixby to switch launcher via a 3rd party app but it´s not perfect. I can´t press back in Locus to go to DMD2 cause Locus profile use longpress bottom button to recalculate route. An other solution is if I longpress middle bottom and select home. If home where DMD2 instead of my launcher. Or if in longpress middle bottom had an option for DMD2. Is that an option to set home in lonpressmenu as DMD2? Or if Locus profile go back to DMD2 profile when leaving Locus? //Peter

The problem with the controller is that it is a service, and a foreground service is NOT allowed to launch any application so this is a hard case to solve.

In theory we could make some sort of “empty” launcher, which would be just a screen with two big buttons like LAUNCHER 1 and LAUNCHER 2, then you could setup launcher 1 as your default launcher and launcher 2 as DMD2.

We could spice this empty launcher with some rules like: “If controller connected – launch DMD2 on home press” (in this case you wouldn’t even see the empty launcher it is instant. And another rule “If controller is not connected – launch default launcher”

Is this easy to understand?

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Solleveld
    Participant

Hello
    Thanks for reply again. You don’t need to do more. I have solved the problem in much the way you describe. I installed third party launcher Nova as well as Tasker.
    In short, when the controller is Bluetooth connected, dmd2 must be opened when Nova is opened. That way I get directly to dmd2 when I use the controller and leave Locus or other app. Otherwise the phone works as usual. Thankyou again fore a great product.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.