Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rrawer
    Participant

Would be great to have a recalculate route button – once you left the route, currently if you do not want to return to the original route you have to reselect the target location again to recalculate the torte from the current position. A button for recalculate would simplify this – or even better an option to auto recalculate once you left the route by a certain distance?

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Would be great to have a recalculate route button – once you left the route, currently if you do not want to return to the original route you have to reselect the target location again to recalculate the torte from the current position. A button for recalculate would simplify this – or even better an option to auto recalculate once you left the route by a certain distance?

Hummm currently when you move a certain distance from the route it auto-recalculates fully from your current location to the last destination using the last calculation settings. Im not exactly sure what you are asking for, sorry.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

rrawer
    Participant

OK,
    Maybe I was just not patient enought – I’ll test it again…

rrawer
    Participant

I had another test-drive and you are right, the auto recalculation of the route is good, I prefer it to many other devices because it seems not to start with trying to redirect you back on the original route but right away finds a new route (at least that was my impression during testing).
    Nevertheless, since you need a certain distance to trigger this auto recalculation there are certain situations especially in navigation in cities, where I still would prefer to have the additional option to manually trigger the recalculation (you could add an additional button in the menu of the options button of the navigation info-section on the left)
    Example: A city with lots of long one-way streets, you did a wrong turn and are now at the next red light and need to make the decision how to get back to the track but the direct way is a one-way street in the wrong direction – you’d really appreciate the button to start the recalculation of the route from the current redlight (still red) rather than go straight froward over a bridge and ending up on the wrong side of the river on another one-way street where there is finally enough distance to trigger the auto-recalculation. Situations like this actually happen quiet often, and usually (also using TomTom or all the others) I stop by the road, end navigation and restart navigation to the last destination – so I really miss that button in all the navigation systems/apps I’ve been using so far.

By the Way:
    A List of recent destinations as well as preferred destination (like home, and other favorite spots) would be nice to have

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.