Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone. I’m new to this tech and need a bit of help. I’ve got DMD2 and love it. I’m using a galaxy active tab 3 on my GS Adventure. I just received and connected an Obdlink LX and its app. First question. Is the obdlink waterproof. Second question. Do I use its own app or dmd2. Its connected but not showing any values in dmd2.

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hello

Yes the OBDLink is supposed to be waterproof.
    Please notice you can only have one app connected to the OBDLink dongle at each time.

In DMD2 you need to configure the OBD Connection first, in the OBDView click on the cog wheel icon in the center and setup the dongle (first option).

Also make sure you are running the new DMD2 Beta version!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Mr Head
    Participant

I’ve been struggling to connect the OBDII LX to my Tab A7-Lite. The OBD Link app won’t connect it to my 2010 990R, USA version nor will DMD2. I purchased the OBD Beta thing.

I have removed the OBDLink app from the tablet then successfully paired via DMD2, but have not seen any data appear.

I know the dongle works because I tested it using my Tab8 and TuneECU. It was perfect and the connection in TuneECU was flawless.

Anyway, I created a ticket with ODB Link so once the holiday is over I may see some light there.

Thanks.

jlsch
    Participant

Hello

Everytime I leave dmd2 beta on CI to look into another app or the system my OBDlink LX is loosing connectivity to the CI.  If i come back to dmd2 it will connect again automatically. Is this normal?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.