Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SC-Surfer
    Participant

keep getting the ‘no fix’ indicator in the top info bar and the trip clock is frozen and can’t reset trip data.  Maps fail to update and the position. Indicator is a small circle instead of an arrow.  All other apps get gos fix. Have to kill the app and re-launch to resolve.

This is on latest Beta.

John DEV
    Keymaster

keep getting the ‘no fix’ indicator in the top info bar and the trip clock is frozen and can’t reset trip data. Maps fail to update and the position. Indicator is a small circle instead of an arrow. All other apps get gos fix. Have to kill the app and re-launch to resolve. This is on latest Beta.

On which device is that? Something seems to be killing the Location service.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

SC-Surfer
    Participant

This is on an Umidigi Bison X10 Pro.

When this happens all other apps that use location still work. If I switch to Gaia  it updates location correctly. So does Google maps. It’s only DMD2 that won’t get a fix.

hajok
    Participant

Today first ride with my new dmd-t865 tab. Brilliant stuff! However, half way into the trip the gps fix was lost intermittently and from there it went from bad to worse until finally the last hour no gps fix at all. I did a few resets and shut downs (power off) but to no avail.

When I check the gps test app it sees up to 52 satellites but still no fix. Latest update dmd2.

EDIT:

-sw version 2.99931

-12v power supply via cradle, mounted on top of rally tower, 100% battery, no battery management and all permissions for running in dmd2 background

-trip was from north east of Netherlands into Germany vv.

-clear sky, hot weather (30+ C)

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by hajok.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by hajok.
    John DEV
    Keymaster

Today first ride with my new dmd-t865 tab. Brilliant stuff! However, half way into the trip the gps fix was lost intermittently and from there it went from bad to worse until finally the last hour no gps fix at all. I did a few resets and shut downs (power off) but to no avail. When I check the gps test app it sees up to 52 satellites but still no fix. Latest update dmd2. EDIT: -sw version 2.99931 -12v power supply via cradle, mounted on top of rally tower, 100% battery, no battery management and all permissions for running in dmd2 background -trip was from north east of Netherlands into Germany vv. -clear sky, hot weather (30+ C)

Already checking this out by email

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

abhi
    Participant

keep getting the ‘no fix’ indicator in the top info bar and the trip clock is frozen and can’t reset trip data. Maps fail to update and the position. Indicator is a small circle instead of an arrow. All other apps get gos fix. Have to kill the app and re-launch to resolve. This is on latest Beta.

Did you manage to fix this issue? I am having the same No Fix in red too.

Sahara1988
    Participant

Same with my device. I was in Marocco from the 9th till the 21 st of October and had several problems with my position. Now I’m back in Germany and the GPS position shows, that I’m still in Marocco. What can help? thx.

abhi
    Participant

Same with my device. I was in Marocco from the 9th till the 21 st of October and had several problems with my position. Now I’m back in Germany and the GPS position shows, that I’m still in Marocco. What can help? thx.

Fix: Kept the device on the balcony after clearing app storage and reopening the app for about 5 minutes to fix the issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.