Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rinho
    Participant

Hi,

Could someone tell me what are the rules about the “next WP” feature.
    I rode with gpx I received from friends, with track and WP and I love this functionality.

Today I made some test, a basic track from my home (1km) and a wp in the middle.

This wp was not shown as next “WP” (setting are ok)

Was it too close to me, too close to the start or the end, do I miss something ?

Last point I wanted to test, will a WP distance be shown if the wp is present but nos displayed ?

Thanks

Rinho
    Participant

Well, I guess it is simple, the WP must be in the same gpx file.
    I’ll search for a way to put a new wp in the same gpx, only using the tablet/phone (via DMD2 preferably)

johnkeel
    Keymaster

Hi, Could someone tell me what are the rules about the “next WP” feature. I rode with gpx I received from friends, with track and WP and I love this functionality. Today I made some test, a basic track from my home (1km) and a wp in the middle. This wp was not shown as next “WP” (setting are ok) Was it too close to me, too close to the start or the end, do I miss something ? Last point I wanted to test, will a WP distance be shown if the wp is present but nos displayed ? Thanks

A GPX File is usually compromised of:

– Tracks or Routes or both
    – Waypoints

The way DMD2 shows you the track progress (the box in the left) is by checking if you are actually on the track, once you are it shows you progress, distance and time based on your average speed.
    Then on the bottom it shows you the next Waypoint for that GPX (the currently active GPX that you are on).
    You can load additional POIs by going to GPX – SETTINGS – Additional POI, this will make DMD2 load the selected POIs categories along the track.

Everything is calculated ALONG THE TRACK.

And yes, a Waypoint must be inside the same GPX which DMD2 will target the active one once you are on top of any of its tracks.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Rinho
    Participant

Thanks Johnkeel

1718 wrote:

.../...You can load additional POIs by going to GPX – SETTINGS – Additional POI, this will make DMD2 load the selected POIs categories along the track. Everything is calculated ALONG THE TRACK. And yes, a Waypoint must be inside the same GPX which DMD2 will target the active one once you are on top of any of its tracks.

Sorry, I don’t find the menu you are speaking about, Is this because of the version I have (2.77)?

Rinho
    Participant

Back to your comment, shortly, to be sure I understand:

We can add wp (txt format), we can load WP (gpx file from elsewhere), but there’s no way, from DMD2, to have a WP added to an existing gpx file, correct ? (I tested Merging GPX option but it is not enough)

eg: organisation give me the track of the day and before leaving I want to monitor the important points I decided, same idea as a manual comment on a roadbook sheet.

Maybe available in the Beta?

Thanks and Bravo for the work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.