Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dafruh
    Participant

hi,

Do you Know if you expect to have a new tablet design/model? Maybe like a tripltek 8 running with Android 10 and more…

Congratulations for your team work👍

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

At the moment we have no date for new models, sorry.
    We are working on new stuff that is for sure!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

mhellent
    Participant

Hello,

Norally, i.e. Itchy Boots is now travelling in Morocco with a new satnav set, looking very much like a Carpe Iter pad, although with a new color and a different holder?

Can anyone tell, which hardware this is?

Thanks.

Kind regards

Markus

dafruh
    Participant

Hi, maybe tripltek 7 pro…

Richard
    Participant

Could be anything that is similar to a tripltek, there are more manufacturers.  What I can see is that the readability in sunlight looks not that good, so it can also be a cheap alibaba copy. We will see how it holds during her adventure.

But in the context of this forum, she don’t know what she’s missing by not using Dmd2. 😉

João Pereira
    Keymaster

The same factory that does the CARPE tablet does it for many other manufacturers.

For the CARPE there are a few things that are probably available only in the CARPE as those things are what makes it so expensive:

– Highest brightness available screen
    – M9 Ublox chip
    – Side Charging M8 system
    – And the specific memory / storage values
    – Custom ROM and software which is actually done by me
    – Fully unlocked DMD2 with lifetime licenses which is also provided by DMD2

The factory does not provide CARPE a fully assembled tablet as they are incapable of meeting the water sealing requirements, so they are delivered disassembled and then assembled in Europe by CARPE.
    CARPE Holder and charging power supply (both included) are fully developed and produced in Europe by CARPE.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

mhellent
    Participant

Hello John,

I appreciate your comments very much and completely concur. I have been a satisfied owner of two CIPads and two holders for some time. I am waiting for the next generation. I was just curious to know what Norally uses. Indeed, she is obviously unaware of the advantages of a CIPad and a DMD2.

With kind regards
    Markus

patrick
    Participant

Norally, i.e. Itchy Boots is now travelling in Morocco with a new satnav set, looking very much like a Carpe Iter pad, although with a new color and a different holder? Can anyone tell, which hardware this is?

Hello,

I realise this thread is several months old but would like to answer this question for future reference. The satnav in the picture is a RallyTab from https://therallytab.com/the-rally-tab/. According to their site they state the RallyTab has a 1000 nit screen so comparable with the CI.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.