Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    navnerd
    Participant

Starting from a certain target distance (estimated around 100 km – or a certain number of turning instructions?), DMD2 fails to compute the route. Computing needs a long time, then the following error message is reported:

null description for : n_10000525_52602937

When the same target becomes closer during the trip, the route is computed fine.

It worked in earlier releases… 🙁

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Is that happening with a specific profile? I just tested with a 600Km distant point and it worked just fine.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

navnerd
    Participant

Just tested again: “Offroad” and “street fun” work fine and fast. The problem only appears with “street fast”. There seems to be a problem if more than one “Autobahnen” are used or just one ” Autobahn”, but the distance becomes too long (100…150 km or so), but there may be other reasons. My test was not too systematic…

navnerd
    Participant

After more refined tests during a trip on a German Autobahn, some additional findings:

1) Unfortunately, also with profile “street fun” the error message “null description for : n_10000525_52602937” may appear: This was the case if, during driving on the Autobahn, DMD2 3.00020 does a recalculation of a longer route to a distant target. I initially startet the trip routing when parking may be 500 m off the Autobahn on a fuel station: From there, using “street fast” didn’t work (distance approx. 185 km), but “street fun” did. When driving the Autobahn even though, the error message starts after some recalculations (in mode street fun)

2) During the automatic recalculations in mode “street fun”, I recognized that DMD often does not guide you away from your current location on the Autobahn, but just picks starting points on other streets that are just close to the Autobahn, but not connected to it. That of course is not very useful unless you prefer to drive over the motorway embankment… 😉

3) When I came closer to the target (during driving on the Autobahn), suddenly “street fast” started to work correct while “street fun” did not (I think that was around 90 km remaining to the target or so).

John, if you can simulate the trip with the different settings anyhow, use these points (all in Germany):

Starting point: MAXI Autohof Rhüden, Am Zainer Berg 2, 38723 Seesen

Target Village: 28879 Grasberg

The setting “street fast” should guide you via the Autobahn A7 and A27, distance is around 185 km. Hope it helps to debug. I guess the problem must really somehow be linked to using motorways (which usually “street fun” does not use). By the way: I always allowed “Maut” and “Autobahnen”, so no prevention settings active.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

After more refined tests during a trip on a German Autobahn, some additional findings: 1) Unfortunately, also with profile “street fun” the error message “null description for : n_10000525_52602937” may appear: This was the case if, during driving on the Autobahn, DMD2 3.00020 does a recalculation of a longer route to a distant target. I initially startet the trip routing when parking may be 500 m off the Autobahn on a fuel station: From there, using “street fast” didn’t work (distance approx. 185 km), but “street fun” did. When driving the Autobahn even though, the error message starts after some recalculations (in mode street fun) 2) During the automatic recalculations in mode “street fun”, I recognized that DMD often does not guide you away from your current location on the Autobahn, but just picks starting points on other streets that are just close to the Autobahn, but not connected to it. That of course is not very useful unless you prefer to drive over the motorway embankment… 😉 3) When I came closer to the target (during driving on the Autobahn), suddenly “street fast” started to work correct while “street fun” did not (I think that was around 90 km remaining to the target or so). John, if you can simulate the trip with the different settings anyhow, use these points (all in Germany): Starting point: MAXI Autohof Rhüden, Am Zainer Berg 2, 38723 Seesen Target Village: 28879 Grasberg The setting “street fast” should guide you via the Autobahn A7 and A27, distance is around 185 km. Hope it helps to debug. I guess the problem must really somehow be linked to using motorways (which usually “street fun” does not use). By the way: I always allowed “Maut” and “Autobahnen”, so no prevention settings active.

I dont think its productive to test calculations on Highways, both the Street Fun and Off-Road profiles will try to avoid the Highways like the devil avoids the cross. They were designed that way.

What should correctly use highways (and as always worked fine for me) is the Road Fast, this is the only profile which will use highways.

You can do simulations here: https://www.drivemodedashboard.com/router/ -> this uses the same routing engine and the same profiles as DMD2 app.
    You can even then copy the link and reply here the full link so i can check the full route.

While riding can you tell me what is your average Location Precision? On the top status bar it is displayed in meters.
    Also how much free memory do you have during these operations? There is an indication of free memory percentage in the status bar, plus tell me which device you are using please.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

navnerd
    Participant

Hi John,

just a short partial answer, first readings done still in 3.00021, not todays 22:

– Device: SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, 12 GB RAM, Android 13, OneUI 5.1

– Free memory reporting in the DMD2 status bar is typically 60-80 %/512 MB

– Today moring I surprisingly had first time the reporting 0%/512 MB. When a long trip was calculated then, I got a very long error message “java.long.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 72 byte allocation with 4968736 free bytes and 4852KB until OOM, target footprint 536870912, growth limit 536870912; giving up an allocation because <1% of heap free after GC.” That never happened bevor or after. I was very surprised since I do not run any memory intensive applications in the backround, at least I am not aware of it. The biggest memory usage I ever got reported by OneUI was < 8 GB from the 12 GB installed RAM

– Average location precision is typically 4-6 m, in rare cases 8 m

I’ll do some more testing in version 3.00022 (just installed) and let you know, but it may need some time.

navnerd
    Participant

Hi John,

just tried to simulate the route that made the problems with the error message “null description for : n_10000525_52602937” on your simulator. There it works fine…

navnerd
    Participant

Just an Information: The error is gone (3.00032), the problem seems to be fixed! 🙂

Thanks, John!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.