Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rrawer
    Participant

High Contrast Mode
    I was riding following a Track on the Road today, and really had a hard time identifying other roads but the track (which I marked in bright red). It is really hard to identify roads during riding, especially when the sun comes out (I am using a Samsung with about 800nits, so the display is ok). For example, it’s really hard to identify roads in a rural area, In General roads just don’t stick out enough…

What would really help is:
    1) a high contrast mode, where roads stick out much better.
    2) More differentiation between road types (not only offroad types, and not only major roads/highways) for example to differentiate country/rural roads from other roads in the city (easier to find your way around in the suburbs/villages)

João Pereira
    Keymaster

High Contrast Mode I was riding following a Track on the Road today, and really had a hard time identifying other roads but the track (which I marked in bright red). It is really hard to identify roads during riding, especially when the sun comes out (I am using a Samsung with about 800nits, so the display is ok). For example, it’s really hard to identify roads in a rural area, In General roads just don’t stick out enough… What would really help is: 1) a high contrast mode, where roads stick out much better. 2) More differentiation between road types (not only offroad types, and not only major roads/highways) for example to differentiate country/rural roads from other roads in the city (easier to find your way around in the suburbs/villages)

Which map style did you use? The TOPO style was designed with that in mind.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

rrawer
    Participant

That is certainly correct, however, that mode puts a very strong emphasis on non-sealed tracks. For on-road navigation this is even more confusing (keep in mind, here in southern Germany most non-sealed roads are prohibited to be used by ordinary vehicles, so unfortunately you can’t use them for navigation…) so a third mode woudl help (I’d personally would not keep the currnet “low-contrast” view at all, because in an urban region you can hardly identify any of the smaller roads once you’re riding the bike because of the lack of contrast)

Zoltan
    Participant

Habe gestern auch die Darstellung für Navigation auf der Strasse getestet.

Die Strassen Modus ist nur gut um die Navigationslinie exakt zu folgen. Für die Umfahrung einer Baustelle oder Sperrung ist der Kontrast zwischen Strassen und sonstige Flächen viel zu gering für schnelles Wahrnehmen während der Fahrt.

Der TOPO-Modus ist hierfür in Ortschaften leider auch wenig geeignet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.