Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    john_aero
    Participant

Good morning,

Been looking for a new navigation device for some time. Just selling my Garmin unit and hope look at getting a DMDB for my tenere 700.

Have few question but not sure where is best place ask them, here on on another forum

John

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

Sure you can ask here!

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

john_aero
    Participant

Good morning,

I got most of my answers on the Facebook user forum so I am pretty much sorted.

however I have 1 final question, more of a device question than DMD2.

Can you sync or pair 2 devices, i.e. when my phone is in my pocket can I pair the DMD2 unit to it to allow it use my mobile data to update weather and allow google search? I am aware I can setup a wifi hotspot on my phone however wanted avoid this to save battery life on my phone. This would be similar to other gps devices that link to your phone for internet data usage via phone app.

Cheers

John

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Good morning, I got most of my answers on the Facebook user forum so I am pretty much sorted. however I have 1 final question, more of a device question than DMD2. Can you sync or pair 2 devices, i.e. when my phone is in my pocket can I pair the DMD2 unit to it to allow it use my mobile data to update weather and allow google search? I am aware I can setup a wifi hotspot on my phone however wanted avoid this to save battery life on my phone. This would be similar to other gps devices that link to your phone for internet data usage via phone app. Cheers John

We do not have any app to do this but it is indeed planned, not only to share data but also to show your phone notifications in the unit running DMD2.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.