Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frans Theelen
    Participant

Hi all,

Is there somewhere a manual on how to install DMD on a Garmin Thread?

I am considering the Thread to replace my current tablet and am curious on how it works (DMD, including the adventure controller) and also whether it is possible to install and run other android apps. However did not find a lot of info until now.

Thanks.

Frans

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi all, Is there somewhere a manual on how to install DMD on a Garmin Thread? I am considering the Thread to replace my current tablet and am curious on how it works (DMD, including the adventure controller) and also whether it is possible to install and run other android apps. However did not find a lot of info until now. Thanks. Frans

Hello that is supper easy!

Just open the “Browser” app in your Thread.
    Type this in the address: https://drivemodedashboard.com/DMD2BetaLatest.apk

I will start the download of the DMD apk.

Then you can check in the device notifications (swipe from the top), when the Download finishes just tap on the download notification to trigger the install.
    It will ask for install permissions which you need to give.

Thanks it.

I recommend reading on this website: Top Menu – Manuals – Non Play Store License

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Frans Theelen
    Participant

Thanks!

That means that other applications that have a link to an android package can be installed on the Thread?
    (i.e. not via the play store?)

toramorgan
    Participant

Hi,
    In my Garmin Tread SxS, I recently installed DMD2. I have two alternatives when selecting the default launcher: QuickStep and DMD2. Anybody who can confirm that QuickStep is the default app for this Garmin device would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

QuickStep is the default Garmin home app.
    Also notice that you can change the launcher in the Android settings at any time.

And yes you can install many application on the Tread by using the apk file or even by installing a Google Play Store alternative (there are plenty of alternative stores).

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

JimmyTwoBoots
    Participant

Hi,

Can I run the Beta version on the Garmin Tread?

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.