Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oliwally
    Participant

After watching your very helpful videos I thought I’d have a go at using ‘Mock Locations’ in order to simulate travelling a gpx track. Works beautifully!

However, after turning the simulation off DMD2 beta seems to be having a hard time to revert back to find my current location. (I stopped spoofing location, turned improved GPS back to high accuracy, turned off Mock Locations, turned off ‘select mock location app’ in developer options).
    The GPS indicator in DMD2 simply says ‘no fix’ even though all other apps (Google maps, Mock Locations, Calimoto) have no trouble in finding my location.

I have tried turning DMD2 off, even restarted the phone, but DMD2 is determined to bounce to the last known location provided by Mock Locations and doesn’t recover to the device’s current location.

So as a last resort I uninstalled and reinstalled DMD2, but results are even worse: after downloading the maps I now see no maps at all (just blue as if over water) and the app is still not finding my location even though all GPS permissions have been given.

Now, I will have to confess that I am testing all of this on an old Android version 7 phone, which has worked up to now. But after playing with Mock Locations I am not having any luck. I seems to me, though, that Mock Locations has little to do with the problem. DMD2 is somehow not interacting with the GPS on my device..?

I’d love some wisdom on this please. Is Android 7 just too old to work with DMD2?

Oliwally
    Participant

Cancel the rescue mission – I restarted the app under clear vision to the sky and and this seems to have resuscitated the GPS for DMD2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.