Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PeBe
    Participant

Hi,

In preparation to a Nordics trip (starting next week) and trying to have the tablet connected to the cellular network (when available) I installed a simcard. Within the Android settings I can see an active 4G connection but DMD2-beta remains “offline”. (eg cannot switch to ‘world-view)

Is there anything specific to do or enable to make use of the available 4G connection within DMD2-beta?

Peter

YOLO

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hi, In preparation to a Nordics trip (starting next week) and trying to have the tablet connected to the cellular network (when available) I installed a simcard. Within the Android settings I can see an active 4G connection but DMD2-beta remains “offline”. (eg cannot switch to ‘world-view) Is there anything specific to do or enable to make use of the available 4G connection within DMD2-beta? Peter

Have you checked with any other app if there is an internet connection? Try opening a web page or something…

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

PeBe
    Participant

🫣 so nothing at all related to DMD2 but seems like a provider problem. (New sim… my provider is working on it)
    Sorry for my noobnessly but thanks a lot for the reply

YOLO

PeBe
    Participant

Problem solved 🤩

On the provider side all was fine, sim active without any problem but still no connection on the CI. 🥴
    While my provider was trying to find a solution for the problem I started ‘investigating’ a bit myself and found that APN settings were not present. Found a website (apnsettings.org) that lists these settings for a bunch of providers and entered an APN profile on the CI (with obviously APN settings required for my provider) and that did the trick.

CI is now online with the sim 🤩

YOLO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.