Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheHuskyCrobats
    Participant

Greetings to all,

I have a question regarding the hardware part of a DMD-T665 Nav Phone.
    Is the device compatible with Android Auto? I’m not referring to DMD2, but to the hardware unit itself. Can I use Waze on it, for example?
    If the USB cable included with the magnetic charger is used, can the device communicate with the motorcycle unit through this cable? I have a motorcycle that supports Android Auto.
    Or do I need to use another USB-C cable connected to the DMD-T665 Nav Phone to enable Android Auto?

I ask this because I am now using a phone, connected with a USB cable to the motorcycle unit. In this case, with the actual phone, I can have Google Maps or Waze on the motorcycle unit and another application, not supported by Android Auto, on the phone.

I would like to use gpx tracks on one screen and waze on another screen 🙂 and I would like to use a robust and dedicated unit for something like the DMD-T665 instead of my phone.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello

The device is compatible with Android Auto but the cradle will only do charging, even if you plug a USB cable to it its only good for charging.

Sorry about that, if it was me I would just add a wireless Android Auto module to the motorcycle, they are so cheap and work flawless.

I personally use https://www.aawireless.io/AAuto 

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Buy Me a Coffee

TheHuskyCrobats
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

Now it’s clear to me, if I want to use Android Auto I have to connect a USB cable directly to the USB-C port on the phone.
    I have a wireless AA device, just like the one in your link, but I’m still having trouble using it with my bike. However, it works flawlessly in my car.

I just put the order for the DMD unit 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.