Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carsten
    Participant

Hi,

during my trip on yesterday I recognizes that DMD2 stopped working with the CI Adventure Control. No reaction by the app regardless what I’m doing and regardless of the screen (Home, Navigation, …) I’m on. In general the AdvCtrl seems to work:

• It is connected
    • All other apps I tried are working fine (like Kurviger and the Android system dialogs)
    • The configuration dialog of the AdvCtrl shows no error, I can change configuration like the button background light.

What I already tried:

• Disconnect (de-register) the controller and register it again in Android
    • Switched the AdvCtrl profile from auto to DMD2 and back
    • Turned off the idle mode and on again.

I think once the was a setting in DMD2 to configure the controller type. I cannot find it any more. Am I wrong, has the setting been removed? Anyways, I mean to have set the setting to AdvCtrl.

I’m running

• Carpe Iter V4b
    • Android 11
    • DMD2 3.00059
    • Adventure Control Firmware 39.0

I urgently need some advice how to bring back to functionality to DMD2.

Thanks in advance

Carsten

Justfe
    Participant

Same problem for me with the same controller. I have realised that now.

Hopefully it will be fixed by friday. Racing on the w.e.

P.s

Are there any chances to  go back to previous version?

stm-dmd2
    Participant

The controller selection menu disappeared in DMD2 3.00059. I used another tablet with an older version and everything still worked. Once upgraded to the latest, nada.

GS_pleasure
    Participant

Same problem for me. ADV Contr. Ver 39. DMD2 version 3.00059. When I open the NGH app the ADV Ctl works there.

Thanks for quick advice and help. Best, Marco

4415 wrote:

Hi, during my trip on yesterday I recognizes that DMD2 stopped working with the CI Adventure Control. No reaction by the app regardless what I’m doing and regardless of the screen (Home, Navigation, …) I’m on. In general the AdvCtrl seems to work:

• It is connected
    • All other apps I tried are working fine (like Kurviger and the Android system dialogs)
    • The configuration dialog of the AdvCtrl shows no error, I can change configuration like the button background light.

What I already tried:

• Disconnect (de-register) the controller and register it again in Android
    • Switched the AdvCtrl profile from auto to DMD2 and back
    • Turned off the idle mode and on again.

I think once the was a setting in DMD2 to configure the controller type. I cannot find it any more. Am I wrong, has the setting been removed? Anyways, I mean to have set the setting to AdvCtrl. I’m running

• Carpe Iter V4b
    • Android 11
    • DMD2 3.00059
    • Adventure Control Firmware 39.0

I urgently need some advice how to bring back to functionality to DMD2. Thanks in advance Carsten

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Hello i found the issue and will release update today.
    On some devices or maybe because of some companion apps the KeyEvent getDevice.getName function is not returning the device name but instead “Virtual”, i have no idea why that happens. What i did is that on these cases DMD2 will check BT paired device list for finding controller.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Ali Endureur
    Participant

Even after the update, the bar buttons A & B of the CI Control do not work in the roadbook app of the DMD T-865. I even deleted the remote control from the Bluetooth connection list and paired it again.

In the map app, however, the buttons work as they should, i.e. for zooming in and out. The same applies to the joystick functions for moving the map.

As a temporary solution, I have assigned the joystick as follows:

right: roadbook forward
    left: roadbook back
    up: increase total kilometres
    down: decrease total kilometres

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.