Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chardiot
    Participant

Every time I try to Navigate in DMD2 I get

Calculation Error

There was an error calculating the route! Please try again, if you are off road try the mixed profile! java.long.RuntimeException: error reading datafile W5_N50.rd5: java.io.IOException: top index checksum error

This is both for holding down a point on the map to navigate to or importing gpx files.

João Pereira
    Keymaster

Every time I try to Navigate in DMD2 I get Calculation Error There was an error calculating the route! Please try again, if you are off road try the mixed profile! java.long.RuntimeException: error reading datafile W5_N50.rd5: java.io.IOException: top index checksum error This is both for holding down a point on the map to navigate to or importing gpx files.

That means the calculation file download is not good, probably the download was not completed.
    Delete whatever map file it is for the country in question and download again.
    Let me know if it continues to happen.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Chardiot
    Participant

I already did that this morning and it didn’t work.

I even deleted all data for the DMD2 app in the settings and reloaded the map.

I am using the Great Britain map.

Chardiot
    Participant
    João Pereira
    Keymaster

Ok this one completely messed my head!

But after watching your video I just found out what was the problem.

Basically you have a DMD-T devices, and you are using an SD Card right?

This means that when you delete app storage, the map files, POI database and calculation files are all on the SD Card and will not be deleted.

Still when you delete a map file and download again it should download the files again right? Well no, we have this condition that checks for the date of calculation file and if they are not older than 2 days they will not download.
    Did this because many countries share the same calculation files and there was no point in redownloading the same files over and over again for different countries.

I just changed the code of the app to, instead of 2 days, use 3 minutes.

Also notice all this will stop happening once we get rid of the Android Download manager, currently we use it and it just is not good enough for big files, it does not report failed downloads and does not clean up on failure.
    We are doing our own download manager that can download in the background, check for file integrity and resume downloads.

DMD2 Project Manager & Lead Developer
    Contribute to DMD2 Translations | Buy Me a Coffee

Colinu
    Participant

Hi, Was the resolved as i am having the exact same issue on a Samsung Active Tab2 & 3 and Galaxy note10. I have remoed the maps , reinstalled and re-booted the whole system and still i get this error?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.